hitting up Vermilion Tuesday!

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by SteelinaTrout, Oct 29, 2007.

1. SteelinaTrout

SteelinaTrout King Fisher

fishaholic69 and I will be hitting up vermilion river Tuesday afternoon. Hopefully the steelies will have migrated a little bit farther downstream to our spot. Last night I was outside and could see my breath, that should bring em farther downstream:confused: ...I hope! We'll keep ya posted

2. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

ya we will be by rt 2 underpass around 1pm till dark! sucks we got to work 1st! well see ya if ya r there say hi! I will be wearing camo bandana and clothes plus green leaking waders! lol

3. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

4. Fishaholic69

went down there today. didn't catch much but chubs. slow day! didn't see any chrome except some chrome rims on a car on the way back to lorain. lol we r gonna go again tuesday. wonder where the steelheads r!

5. SteelinaTrout

SteelinaTrout King Fisher

went out today didnt catch anythign but a few chubs like fishaholic69 said...no steelies there yet unless they were too deep too see...gonna try again thursday with better results hopefully.. highight of the day was the booze i drank at tgi fridays after a long day of slow non productive fishing!!;)

6. Fishaholic69

lucky you steelin I had to settle for some sittin at home cheap natty light. lol

7. I also fished the Vermilion on Tuesday from about 2:30 to dusk. Fishing was very SLLLOOOOW and I'd say I was lucky to catch two, (my first steelies this year) after being :S my first 3 times fishing this fall. I only saw 2 others caught while I was there, but I heard they were biting much better in the morning. I caught the first one on a 1/64 jig (white head chartreuse hair) tipped with a waxworm beneath a float and I got the second on a 2/5 oz. little cleo (silver and orange). I'm hoping to make it out again tomorrow morning, and hopefully we'll all see a little more action.

8. Fishaholic69

weird we didn't see a steelhead anywhere?? where the hell did you guys find um at? I am stumped? we might try again tommorow even tho its raining. guess we got to look harder?

9. Fished the Vermilion again today from 9:30 am to 12:30 and got :S . There were steelhead jumping all over the place, but I only saw 2 caught. The water was clear with barely any current.