close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hitting the Little Miami today (11/10)

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by TimJC, Nov 10, 2004.

1. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I heading out to the LMR for a couple hours in hopes of some carp action. I will report back but the particular stretch has never produced a fish for me (I have waded through spawning shoals however while WBass fishing in the spring).

2. catking

catking Banned

God Luck to you Tim ;) .........C.K. :cool:

3. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Well I didn't make it to the river. I went to Landen-Deerfield park and fished the pond there. Incidently this was my first time fishing this water in more than 15 years, and was the place I land my first fish:eek:

I spoke with a gentleman about carp fishing for about 15 minutes and he said that there are loads of carp in this lake. He said that he caught a lot of them on sweetcorn in the spring so I am hopeful that this will pan out to be my go to water for fast action (It might get me into float fishing too). After talking I ended the conversation mentioning both CAG and OGF and he seem very interested.

4. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Sounds like a great place for both fast action & floater fishing.....is this place close to you?

If it is known to hold loads of carp id sure put some time into it for winter fishing, that is until it freezes.

Good luck,
    Scott

5. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

yeah it's a pond in a park no more than 10 minutes away. It should have an established population since it has been around for a long time.

6. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Man Tim, it sounds like an "action" lake for sure...maybe no monsters because of its size..but for sure a great close spot to put a bend in the rod blank.

Also a small body of water is much easier to master...plus sounds like a surface anglers dream to me.
    Keep us posted.

Scott