close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hitting CJ at 5am Mon

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bmffishing247, Sep 2, 2007.

1. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

Going to try and get out before the boat traffic. Looks like a great morning to do so. I will post what happens even if the traditional CJ brown Skunk comes out.

JW

2. good luck,haven't fished it much this year-mostly at indian.just got back from a little catfishing.caught 8 in about 4 hours with 2 4# and one nice 7 #.

3. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

Well got out this morning and didn't get skunked but no Eyes. Did manage to get 8 cats no size to them. I did get the opportunity to see some duck hunters about 75 yards to the right of me when I was fishing the humps. That was a good morning wake up call. I didn't even see them over there they were so well camoed. All i know is that at about 6am bang bang bang. I was like what the you know what.

That was very exciting. I did see a team ogf sticker on the back of a black sierra. wasn't sure who it was.

Well not skunked but no eyes.

Water temp was around 75 to 78 degrees.

Anyone out there do any good?

JW

4. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

it wasnt worth going 4 me...
    CJB Sat. eve Sun. morn. and eve.

Well i was out for 2 days on the lake this weekend. It was terrible! Sat. nite was actually not packed but couldnt manage any fish except one bluegill. I trolled Hot-n-tots, wiggle warts, and rapalas not getting crap. I tried bottom bouncers-nothing. Sunday I trolled the same baits-NOTHING! got 2 crappie in the marina and nothing else. i will say that cjb is not worth fishing rite now. I was all over that lake couldnt get a bite! well ill be out again sometime soon though lol. cya out there-nsof

5. I think we're feeling the effects of them dropping the level so far for the ramp project -that HAD to have some near-term effects didn't it?

I've been fishing cjb HEAVILY (like a couple of times a week) for over 4 years and I've NEVER seen it this bad.

we fished it while it was down and it was WAY down - there had to be some fish habitats affected.

I know nothing about this, so opinions would be appreciated.

6. I had posted a thread earlier in the year asking just what had happened to CJ. Fished there Sunday morning for the first time since early July. Caught
    2 cats 1 white bass and two crappie trolling. Hardly anybody out there fishing, think that tells it all. Maybe fall will bring some better action, but
    somehow i doubt it.

7. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

Hey bmffishing247 that was me and my buddy's truck. He pulled my boat there Monday. Did not get as early a start as we wanted, but mainly wanted to see how my boat would do after getting it back from the shop. We did not boat any fish but I did hook into one, just could not get it landed. All in all very slow day.
    I also met I believe he said his name was Juan at the ramp before take off, nice meeting you, hope you guys had better luck than we did. We saw you come over by the rocks on the far side across from the ramp. Usually we can pull a bass or two off that shorline but not the case yesterday. At least the boat ran fine!....Stretch

8. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

idk if any habitats were affected but sure isnt the lake for fishing anymore i can tell u that much. it could be alotta things but my suggestion is to come to lake erie its best up here ;)

9. I don't think the draw down had any great effect on the fishing, I think it is just a cycle. Three to four years ago I caught lots of small walleye and a few medium size. Two years ago it was lots of medium and some small and large fish. Last year I caught lots of fish in the 19 to 26" range, my best year ever. Now this year I'm back to lots of small walleye with a few medium to large fish. Just need to be patient.

10. Believe me - nobody is more patient than I am when it comes to giving ole CJB a break. I try all different times, locations, different baits, presentations, etc. I don't think it's a matter of patience with cjb - I think you may be right about cycles, but it's certainly not a lack of patience.

Bill