close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hittin Alum tomorrow 11/11/04

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, Nov 10, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Gonna be a tad chilly, but it's vets day and us staties have the day off. Anyone else headed out tomorrow? If so, give us a shout in the red stratos.

2. I'm off too. You heading out in the AM again?

3. ShakeDown

Yeah...not super early though. I'll be launching at Galena around 11am or so. Ring me on the cell if you head out Terry. I'm taking a buddy from work, and hope to put him on some slabs.

4. I'm gonna wait & see. I don't mind a passing shower, but man I hate those cold steady rains that chill you to the bone.

Veterans Day
    Rain. Highs in the upper 40s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of rain 100 percent.

Thursday Night
    Cloudy. Rain likely. Mainly in in the evening. Lows in the lower 30s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

5. ShakeDown

I'm seeing 70% chance, sw becoming w winds with rain...doesn't sound like a hard rain. Then again, look at the inconsistancies between the two forecasts. I wouldn't doubt if it was supposed to be sunny and 80 tomorrow :D

6. ShakeDown let us know how you did when you get back in.

7. ShakeDown

Wet and Cold as predicted...bite was real light, and they weren't exactly on fire, but we managed 7 bass (4 over 12", mostly smallies) and about 20 crappie. Found them all hanging off a ledge where it drops from about 3 feet to 10 feet on the main lake. Tried the usual coves, nothing worth mentioning. Caught all fish on jig/minnow, tried throwing plastic without any success.

8. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... that is all I was thinking when I got out of work today.... bbbbbbbrrrrrr

9. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

shake..i was gonna call and come out there..until i looked outside the door..lol..
    next week supposed to be dandy too..you going out there then??

10. ShakeDown

Once the sun went down, the wind kicked up out of the north and the rain moved in...Good raingear is worth it's weight in gold!

I'm going to try and get out as much as possible before ice up. Still have some eyes to (hopefully) catch ;)

11. Shake, heading out on Sat. Around 1:00 untill 8:00 or so. You heading out?

12. :D Gentlemen: I just had to post this somewhere. I won't be hitting Alum or my beloved Hoover tomorrow. Cause I am leaving at 6:00am for Lake Lanier Ga. .Striper and LMB's watch out. Wish you could all join me. "Go Bucks" !

13. ShakeDown

Not on Sat EA...might make it out sunday, but I think the wife is sending me out to buy a new washing machine :(

Right on bassin mickey...take a ton of pics, and tear em up for us ;)

14. I think Shakes, may have a pattern if he is soo excited about getting out there as much as possible...hhhmmmmm
    Caught a little guy today, playing my bouncing game.

15. ShakeDown

I've patterned the crappie pretty well, bass decent, but my eye game blows lately. Had a good run a few weeks ago on Vibee's, and couldn't repeat the following time out. Got into the crappie, so I really haven't tried again for eyes. Hoping the slabs will get my confidence up to give the eyes another shot...I do think the water is a little too warm still, just based on previous experiences there in the fall. Then again, who knows...I learn something new about that lake everytime I fish it, and it has a habit of keeping me guessin ;)

But yeah, I can't wait to get out again :D haha