close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hitin up Kiser

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by midoh39, Jul 29, 2007.

1. midoh39

midoh39 member

I'm heading up to Kiser tommorow in search of some wipers[I hope]. Wish me luck hopefully I'll remeber to bring the camara.

2. i am doing the same thing my friend has been camping there for 3 days now. going up monday, i want to be there by 5am. going to hit the marina for some bass first then work around the lake ending at the spillway. i am going to fish until dark at least or until i can't keep my eyes open. bringing the grill snacks and a cooler of water.i camped there over this past memorial day weekend and at dawn the bass was tearin that buzzbait up.

3. midoh39

midoh39 member

It turns out I have to go on Wednesday so yeah.

4. don't know if you've heard but odnr started stocking stripers in kiser this year also. I believe it's because the wipers have done so well,they are planning to use it for milking and stocking other lakes that can accept them. there are MANY large wipers in there. I wish the pics i have were digital,but I saw a guy last year with a stringer of 6 fish,I weighed them on my scale ,all were 8- 13 lbs.it was his first trip there and he was bass fishing along 235,got to the spillway with a good breeze blowing into it and hit a school of big ones. using a rattle-trap said he didn't know if there was a limit so kept 6 and threw about 4-5 back! meanwhile I as under the spillway catching shad for catfishing. oh well -he did say his wrists hurt!good luck!

5. midoh39

midoh39 member

Last time I was there me and my mom caught around 30 of the between the 2 of us

6. yea i have seen some nice wipers pulled out of ther my brother pulled one out of there he is on here as (xl506)