Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine had his trailer backed into and the person took off on Saturday. Here's the info from the incident from him.

"My buddy was parking my truck and trailer after putting in on Saturday, and while pulling around the parking lot, some jack ass backed out of a spot and INTO the side of my trailer, smashing a fender and busting up a marker light.

Then, the POS floored it and took off! My buddy didn't get the plates and was forced to choose between racing after him with my truck and letting him go, and he chose not to pursue.

Roughly 2 PM at the very southeast ramp near the Mt Bike Trails. South of 36/37, I always forget the name of the ramp.

My vehicle is a tan 2008 4Runner. I'm trying to remember the details my buddy said this looked like a small fishing boat, either the trailer or the boat were white.... I would imagine that would be enough for anyone who saw / heard it to know this is the guy, but if not let me know and I'll call my buddy again. He said he couldn't see the tow vehicle, which is shitty luck
."

If anyone saw anything, please let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.

Thanks.

·
Fare Thee Well!
481 Posts
It seems like the first thing on people's mind these days is FLEE the scene! No one want to take responsibility for their actions anymore. Sad times, for sure!
I feel sorry for the next generation!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
last year at alum new galena, someone backed into my buddys nice skeeter fender($1500 damage) while we were on the lake, and believe it or not, they left a note with their info on it and was really sorry about it. there are some decent ones left!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Same thing happened to me on my old trailer parked at Alum. Lady clipped my trailer light while I was out fishing. She left a note with some info. When I called her she apologized and offered to pay for the light. I appreciated the fact she fessed up and told her not to worry about it. She could have just left and I would have never known what happened. There are still some good folks out there.

I hope you get some closure on the hit skip.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The craziest hit and almost run I ever saw was in wisconsin. We were there fishing and went into downtown to the tackle store. Some woman backs up into a roadside parking spot and hit another car. She started to take off but her bumper had become locked with the other car. She peeled rubber in forward and reverse for about 20-30 seconds trying to get out of there. She finally gave up but there were a bunch of people who saw the whole thing.

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
You sure your buddy isn't telling you a fish story. Kind of weird that he couldn't see the tow vehicle. What the hell kind of boat was the guy towing an ocean liner that he couldn't see around.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Last year we had just pulled the boat out at Muzrick and was wiping things down getting ready to leave. Some guy came staggering up, bottle of whiskey in hand and climbed into a truck two spots over and proceeded to cut the wheel too sharply and smashed the fender on the trailer next to him. He staggered out of the truck, mumbled something, climbed in and started to pull out. I ran over and asked him what he intended to do. He said "oh, I I'll leave him my phone number". He fumbled around and found a pen and started to scribble something on the paper. I had him give me the paper and wrote the license number make and model of the truck and had him give me his phone number as well. I asked if he would mind if I put his license number on as well. He seemed ok with it and kinda acted like he had been busted. We hung around for a while and while we were waiting the guy that owned the vehicle showed up. Not happy at all as the fender was pushed into the tire and he couldn't move the trailer.
We ended up using a 2x4 to pry the fender out to get enough clearance so he could leave. We of course gave him the contact information for the other guy.

You never know what you will run into at the ramps......

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it sounds like nobody saw anything.

Thanks for sharing all the stories though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its funny and I just registered on this site but been viewing it over a year. I launched my boat last saturday but not sure of the ramp. Very secluded and in no wake zone. Someone hit my trailer and broke my trailer light while I was out fishing saturday. I was out from 10am until 4pm. Fishing was good but very sad to see my trailer light broke after I loaded my boat.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Just wanting to vent a little.Seems to be allot of butt holes out there number one being my land lord.I would just like to thank him for breaking my trailer lite and lying about it like a little kid.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
The best one I saw was earlier this year. We were at lake erie getting fish cleaned at Drawbridge marina. There was a guy that came in and didn't even know his trailer caught the bumper of a car. The car only had a hole in the bumper but was spun sideways so there was only about three inches from it touching a pole. After I told the guy he hit it he said he didn't even notice. But after seeing his fender he said there wasn't any doubt. He let his info on the car and with the stores in the area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts