close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hit knox this morning. not bad day

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fish4Fun, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I hit knox this morning got on the water around 7:45 at the stump field. Fished the shore line and fall downs. Water little more stained than usual. Temp was 58 to 60 degrees. I managed almost a dozen fish before the rain came in at 11am stayed in the rain but no luck left at noon. I lost a nice one on a log I was fishing some heavy cover he hit hard and was trying to get him out of the logs saw him when he came over one log was at least 4lb oh well i had fun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Awesome! nice fish too! Always a big one that gets away. :D

3. Sounds like a pretty good morning. Now if you only had longer arms you could get yourself in the picture too.:D I can see from the pictures the type of shoreline that you were getting the fish from. What were you catching them on? I fished the other day up on Pleasant Hill and could not find a bass with anything until I tossed a small crappie jig. Go figure.:rolleyes: I was thinking that I would like to make another trip up to Knox before season is out so I was curious about technique.

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Bkr I have been taking fish using spinnerbaits off logs and close to the bank, i have been fishing the dam side but hit the stumps today and will probably give the stumps another try this week. I will pm you when i get home.

5. The big ones always seem to get away because the grow smarter as they get older. They all seem to come up with some move to shake loose. Great day F4F! I hope Monday materializes at Alum. Didn't you say you got a new trolling motor this year? What's wrong with it that your boat isn't set up for trolling?

I think I could mangae to bring my boat and fuss with the trolling motor all day. It wouldn't be fun, but I think it can be done. I wasn't planning on buying a new motor until X-mas, just so I could find what I really wanted. We'll talk about it.

Eric

6. JBJ

JBJ

And to think I had to spend the entire day inside. You're killing me F4F!!!

Those pics make a good log of the fish and the cover. Maybe you should take the pic while the lure is still in so you know what you caught it with. (?)
    Then set your camera to put the date on the photo and you'd be set.

Great morning of fishing!

7. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I have been trying to keep log when i download them i date them on my computer file. Warpath nothing wrong with my trolling motor I will bring my boat. I was just trying to say iam not set up for trolling as in no rod holders and stuff like that on my boat. so you will have to hold your rod if we are going to troll for seyes or something. They are on the list of things for Xmas as well. May hit knox friday morning if weather and sleep permit.

8. Yeah, I just shot you three a Pm sayuing just that. I thought you meant you're trolling motor had gone kaputz like mine. I'm tracking a trolling motor on Ebay I like, but if it goes for over $450, I'll probably just buy a new one.

Sorry I'm just an airhead at times.

Eric

9. Hope the weather dries out for you guys a little bit. You'll probably have most of the lake to yourselves.

10. Buzzman
    You're more than welcome to come along if you like.

11. but work is pretty busy. I probably won't be able to get a weekday off until after Thanksgiving. I may head up there over the weekend, though. If I make it out, I'll let you guys know how I did.

We were planning on taking a trip up to Erie this weekend, but the weather reports scared us off.

12. That rain was pretty damn cold! Any fishing reports? Hope you guys decided to find a good, warm place to hole up in this morning (if not, I hope you slayed the fish).

13. Unfortunately,Warpath and myself fished through the cold rain from 7:30AM,until about 1:00PM.We were soaked and chilled,but as usual,had fun anyway.We ended up fishing Pleasant Hill,and it was only so-so at best.Caught 3 or 4 smallmouth's,a couple mini-largemouth's,a couple bluegills and a handful of crappies.Eric did manage to catch a real nice slab.We tried trolling,casting and jigging with Vib-e's but no real set pattern was discovered.We finally were chased off the lake by some nasty lightning strikes,you know,the old aluminum boat,graphite rods in hand,paranoia type of thing.
    Eric,got real bad news from the dentist,looking like one extraction,and a root canal set up for Wed.Nov.3.Not a good thing at all!

14. Glad that you got into some fish. The weather looked terrible this morning.

Not good news from the dentist... Maybe the tooth ferry will bring a new trolling motor???

15. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Good job guys i had couple things to do this morning and didn't get out until late hit the water around 10am and was off for work at noon since i had to work and the heavy rains started. Couple hits but no fish. will keep eye on the weather and give it a try agian this week.

16. I don't need a trolling motor,but let's see hmmm,a LCX-19c would be worth one of my chiclets! Still wanting to jump on that stump field F4F.

17. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

hows wed look for you may have little better weather if the fish haven't moved out of the shallows its a good spot

18. I'll let you know later today,right now,I'm having some major dental issues.It looks like I have a golf ball inside my left cheek it's so swollen.The vicatin is helping pain wise,but I'm worried that the antibiotic isn't taking effect.If things improve by this evening,I'll definitely go to Knox tomorrow.Talk to you this evening.

19. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

ok, ya dental i have a wisdom tooth on the right side thats broke off and needs cut out iam trying to figure out when to schedule in before it starts causing undo pain.

20. RW,

We pick the best days ti hit the water, eh? I got into a half dozen or so slabs, two 8-12 inch fish that we kept. Had a lot of fun flippin' that lil' gypsy jig. Crappie Napalm! As usual, we fished hard on a bad day, and came up empty. Great fun as usual though too. And what a beautiful lake. Wish the weather would have held an hour longer so we could've seen the other end of the lake. Didn't tell'em about seeing the eagle or the varmint that missed Sweetest Day did ya?

Take care of that tooth, and let's head up to Erie some time soon for some pier fishing for walleye. I may trade days off with a co-worker who has Wednesday Thursday off, which would set up for your days off. Let me know, and thnaks for the fillets of crappie and walleye!

Eric