Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts

This is why I take this man.He is a winner.The fish looks fake but I assure you it is spectacular and it is real, it is an 11 pounder 31 1/2 inches.
We were trying for double headers with 3 ways and this is the best we could do;) We limited nw of the Crib this morning using 3 ways with spoons and plugs.You may view this fish live on the boat by using the below link.

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She sits in a freezer bag awaiting.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I am very intrested in this 3 way trolling rig and would like to know more about it. Do you or can you post a pic of what the setup looks like and how it works? Nice Fish Also!

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://www.luhrjensen.com/techreports/511 Lake Erie Walleye.pdf

The above link can explain the utilzation of the 3 way swivel setup better than I can.The setup we have been running is off the small boards running a Renosky and a Stinger at the same time.For those of you who are challenged trolling more than 2 rods at a time, this is a good way to double the lures in the water.If the crank has more than 2 trebles remove the front one to stay legal,only 3 hooks per line.This setup is also great if you fish alone and do not want to chance running a test line;) With the right lure it is like running a jet diver but now you have a chance to catch a double.

·
Registered
421 Posts
WOW!! Thats a Hawg for sure! I read on that 3way, thanks Donkey, and it sounds great. I might give it a try on one side.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
That's the same rig from years ago but the baits have changed. I'm going to go back to using it again,don't know why I ever quit. That fish would go on my wall!

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That fish is cut up in little pieces ready to eat

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One little tip when using the 3 way.Toss tke crank bait in first.When you toss in the spoon let your reel free spool so the spoon sinks and the lure floats above the spoon.This keeps them from tangling as you let it out.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
donkey...are you running the spoon or the crank bait in the bottom position?

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You don't have a choice as the crank always dives and the spoon runs straight.It's what makes it work.

·
Take a Dad fishing
364 Posts
I love the Seinfeld reference Donkey. NICE fish.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts