close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hinkley

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BUCKEYE, Jul 6, 2004.

1. i want to talk my daughter bluegill fishing at hinkley. i was wondering where do u launch at. i just got the boat , promise her to take her on the boat and i know at hinkley,she will catch gills. do u need a permit to fish on hinkley? yhanks

2. The ramp is off of State Rd., back in the creek that feeds the lake. It is not very good though and there are several sandbars on the way out that you'll have to watch out for.
    Good Luck!
    LaDo

3. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Just to say it one more time....... watch where you're going after you launch. I've literally had to put on waders and pull my boat several hundred yards before. If you have a flat bottom boat it will be somewhat easier.

4. There aren't any fish in that lake! well definitely not any bass...not at all! Don't even waste any of your time going after those ugly fish.

TONS and TONS of crappie and bullheads. Channel fishing hasnt been bad and some of the regulars are getting decent carp.

The sediment build up from all the rain we had this spring has pretty much closed up where the river comes into the lake. Right now it's difficult to get a canoe through. It is worse this year than I've ever seen it. I worked there all through high school....and still do a couple evenings a week when i'm home from college and I cant believe how fast that filled in back there.

5. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

I went to Hinckley for the first and last time this spring. Ramp is crap! Buried the trailer in so much sediment, the truck almost didn't pull it out. After that wrestling match, never made it out of the channel. With the lack of rain, I guarantee you will never make it to the main lake.