Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked it out today and there were guys catching limits of trout. The fish were released yesterday and have allready found there way to the dam. I was throwing hardware at' em with no hits. All the fish were taken on minnows, crawler chunks or powerbait under bobbers. Try to get nearest the dam on the west side and out about 40-50 feet. The fish are small, but free and a blast for the kids.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I tried going today but there were just too many people to even fish. They were pretty much shoulder to shoulder from the boathouse to half way to the dam, and then again close to the dam and all over it on both sides of the spillway. I didn't see any caught and only talked to one person that had any, though.
Good luck to anyone who wants to fight the crowds!
LaDo

·
OGF Member
132 Posts
Lots of good memories out at Hinkley. I have not been out there in a few years. Have they dredged any out there to open up the incoming channel area?

PL..............

·
Registered
262 Posts
Portage,
No, they haven't dredged it. I wish they would, though. I tried to put my boat in the launch back there a couple weeks ago and got stuck on a sandbar right at the mouth. I had to get out of my boat and pull it off. Looks like I'll be carrying it down to the water at the boathouse from now on. It's still got some good fishin though when its not too muddy.
LaDo

·
Registered
138 Posts
they will never dredge it! too expensive....i worked at the lake all through highschool and to be honest i'm glad it will never happen....atleast not in the near future! haha....you know what i'm talkin' about lado. you going to make it out there in a few weeks?

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have fished hinkley since i was a little kid, and i mostly have caught bluegill. once in a while i would catch a bass, and once a crappie. whats in hinkley? whats the best bait to use there. i basically go there to take my daughter, because it a great lake for her to catch bluegill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts