Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone visited the Reservation lately? I have to do some photography work for the Metroparks at the Ledge Pool Saturday and Sunday, and since it doesn't open until 11, I was hoping to do some fishing before that. I've been there a year or so ago, and didn't have much luck. I was hoping to hit the Rocky River there, if there is access to it, but if not, probably just some shore fishing for bass or catfish.

·
Registered
466 Posts
i'd bet just about anything that that water looks like chocolate milk right now... its always muddy and with the exorbitant amounts of rain we've had recently its gotta be even worse. a big spinnerbait or popper would be my first choices for bass but I wouldn't expect too much. I don't know about access to the river down there near the lake.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Muddy? I know there were pop up showers around Akron recently, but I didn't realize they hit Hinckley too. It's been a heat wave here. Even after the 16 days of rain we got, the rivers are pretty much back to normal. Might just leave the fly rod behind and try to see if I can get some catfish instead.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do. Are either of the smaller lakes worth trying? Ledge and Judge's(?) I think are their names. Would it be better to fish near the dam, or the other end near where the stream/river dumps into it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.