close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hijacked

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by KSUFLASH, Jan 17, 2005.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

yep, sounds like a hi-jacking. I will try and get the software from Microsoft that is beta to remove this darn thing. It definatly takes me to their page and says they can remove it blablabla. I did boot up into safe mode ans run my Nortan Antivirus but it didn't detect anything, when I tried to run my spy sweeper program in safe mode it didn't run. So I will just keep on plugging away at it. Boy this sure is a waste of my time trying to get a nasty virus off my machine. Good thing the good ole 400mhz is letting me on the internet.

-Flash

2. Ksuflash IF YOU CAN GET ON THE WEB GO TO www.pcworld.com klick on downloads and use the keyword hijacked and down load there program it should take care of it. Remember this wed site and put it in your favorites, they have around 7000 down loads for about every thing you can think of and they are all virus cheched. Good Luck Fishgiy

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Here is the most fool proof way to solve a problem you can't fix on your computer:

Download a program called Hi-Jack this. Here is the link to the most current version to my knowledge:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/hijackthis.php

Okay after you have that installed, close any windows you know are legitment. Run Hi-jack this and save the logs.

Next copy and paste the logs on this website:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

You're going to need to make a user name, it only takes a second and it will be well worth you're time.

Okay post a thread in that specific forum. Its for Hi-Jack this logs. Someone will repond generally within that very same day.

Follow their instrictions to the T. You may want to print out their instructions as you may be in safe mode from time to time.

Also remember not to trust anyone on the internet when dealing with Hi-Jack this logs. It's very possible for someone to give you bad information and totally mess up your system. If the person is a member of the "HJT Team" you're in good hands.

Here, for example is my post on their forums and they fixed me right up :)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=6326

Good luck!

4. KSUFLASH

Thanks Fishman for the info. I am now waiting for their response on my logs.

-Flash

5. catlover

catlover Banned

Be careful that you are sure about what you remove. always scan with a save log so if you delete something you need you can restore it.

a good site to check out is.....

http://forums.techguy.org/f20-s.html

You can get a lot of expert help there if you ever need it.

Catz

6. KSUFLASH

Fishman I owe you money or at least a beer. I did what you said and grabbed that hijack file, uploaded my logs. I got a response from a moderator telling me what to do. I did those and the virus's were nuked. The only thing that didn't go away was a nasty little background that looked like a popup. I responded with a new hijack log and asked how to remove this background, within 15min, i received an answer and am now back on the road again.

When I get some more home brew made, you have your name on a bottle of it. Hazlenut Brown Ale is on the menu this month.

Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!

flash--------------------out

p.s.

I will now be installing a firewall, and spyware/adware detection, and my pc will be locked down like alchatraz!

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I NEVER pass down a beer. Glad I could help :)

8. Fishman- Thanks for the link to Bleepingcomputer. I didnt think i had anything in my puter and thought i`d run the hijack thing and BAM it found all sorts of stuff. posted the log and they got me fixed up.Great site thanks again.

Bub

9. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Not a problem, you gonna give me some beer too?? :D

10. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i am trying this too, lets see what happens....

11. I think a couple brews are a just reward.Just let me know when and where.maybe the next outing?

Bub