close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Highlandtown

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Vmax, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Vmax

Vmax

For those of you,like me that fish Highlandtown lake and were wondering why the lake is so low.This is what the DNR sent me back in an e-mail.We are not drawing the lake down. Low rainfalls have a majority of the ramps exposed.

Any other questions contact 419-424-5000

WILD INFO
    Thought for sure I heard water going thru the dam when I was out there Mon.If anyone else knows anything please post.

2. Walleye 3

Walleye 3 Mongo

I was down there the other day and they are working on the ramps. This is why the lake is so low. They are suppost to be done friday and the lake will be able to come back up if it ever rains.

3. Vmax

Vmax

Now that sounds about right.Thanks for the update.

4. How has the fishing been there? I've been wanting to make a trip down there.

5. Vmax

Vmax

Not to good with the lake about 8ft. low.Bout the only time to get em is early morning or late evening when they're schooling

6. sparkman

sparkman sparkman

Can you launch a boat at Highlandtown??

7. Walleye 3

Walleye 3 Mongo

I think you could get one in at the big launch down by the fishing pier. The upper launch is totally out of the water. It looks like they are done with the launch ramps. They fixed the center pier at the big ramp and totally replaced the center pier at the upper ramp. The upper ramp really needed fixed. It looks like all we need now is it to rain and fill the lake back up.

8. Bad Bub

Bad Bub Pushin' Tin

any updates on the lake yet. just wondering if you can get a boat in yet. if anyone knows please inform. thanks.

9. Walleye 3

Walleye 3 Mongo

Both of the ramps are just about out of the water. I have seen a few boats out on the lake, you maybe able to get a 14 footer in safely but I have seen a few bass boats. The big boat ramp would be your best choice. The lake has not come up at all even with the rains we have gotton.

10. Bad Bub

Bad Bub Pushin' Tin

damn! thanks walleye, i don't know if i should try it yet, probably waste my time going up there... and my gas. what bunch of idiots decides to draw the lake down in the middle of summer any how??? busiest time of year with the least amout of rain fall. someone needs fired.