close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Highlandtown

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by redman, May 11, 2004.

1. Has anybody ever heard of or fished this lake? Does anyone know how to get there from akron? Any help :eek:

2. "J"

"J"

Most of the time the lake is pretty empty as far as boats, lots of fish in it, Bass numbers are high I believe there might be a slot length but ck at the boat dock, as far as getting there head south on 77 then east on 30 take it all the way to Lisbon, then south on 164 you will see a sign that says highland town wildlife area pointing to the left, don't remember the name of the road, turn left there and take it all the way to the stop sign and then turn left the lower end of the lake ramp is the first right, if you continue on to the stop sign and then turn right that will take you to the ramp in the middle of the lake, which I prefer. If you pass up the road to the left for the wildlife area you will come to a stop sign that is at the junction of rte 39, turn left there and it will take you to the the road that runs along the lake, you turn left there if you pass the school you went to far.

3. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

yeah theres a slot limit, cant keep any bass between 12-15''

4. Nice lake. Lots of small bass. Doesn't get fished that hard. I've heard that it is known as an excellent catfish lake. People even drive from Cleveland to fish it!

5. Take your paddle or trolling motor. Highlandtown is electric only.

6. Thanks for the info. I am gonna try to head down there some time this week. will let ya know how I do.
    Are the any crappie's down there.

7. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

yeah, i know someone who would ice fish it and do really good.

8. fished there during the fall a few years ago. Good bass lake. Nice size for elec only.

9. How big is highlandtown?

10. jpm

jpm

guys, i live in highlandtown and know the lake pretty well. this spring the lake has been hammered. size is around 170 acres,small bass, slot 12 to 15 inches. cats are numerous, crappie are not numerous, but occasionally you pick up some nice ones.nice size gills are present also.

11. are there any good spots to catfish from a boat? also what do they prefer for their dinner of choice.

12. are there any good places to shore fish also

13. jpm

jpm

plenty of shore fishing, but not the best places in the lake to fish. having a boat is the way to go on this little lake. cats can be caught almost anywhere you choose to fish. the spots along the shore really get hammered on weekends. I suggest the dam area, plenty of room, and pretty good fishing if you fish from shore.