close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

High Water

Discussion in 'Stripers & Hybrids' started by creekwalker, Dec 16, 2008.

1. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

Anybody picking up any hybrids or white bass at the creek mouths with the high water we've had on the OR? I saw some top water swirls on the way into work this morning and a few people fishing the mouths over the weekend. I thought the water might be getting a little too cold for good fishing so I thought I'd ask here first...and because I'm getting a little lazy!

I did see a couple of posts on the topic, but the results didn't look promising.

CW

2. Yeah, let me know too...................
    :)
    Merry Christmas, CW!
    LMJ

3. creekwalker

Darn LMJ. I was hoping you'd be one of the guys posting back with some information!! :D If I don't hear anything back soon, I'll probably get off my duff and head down to the dam and check it out. I'll post back to let you know how it goes. The water level looks pretty promising right now and for the next few days.

Merry Christmas, LMJ

CW

4. :)
    I see the water's back down pretty manageable, haven't seen it this high since late spring/early summer.
    I'm hurting for some PULL, might try to sneak down this weekend.
    LMJ

5. i,ve got a feww white bass and skips. it about 30 cast per bass for me.

6. I see you're gonna keep that casting arm in shape, eh BC? :) :)
    LMJ

7. creekwalker

Thanks for the info BC. I begged off this weekend too and instead took the family downtown and did the holiday thing. Pretty good time overall and with as cold as it got this weekend probably more fun that freezing my tail off for a 1/30 catch rate :D Although it's been so long, I probably would enjoy catching something short of frostbite.

The days around Christmas are shaping up to be decent. Maybe I can talk myself to getting out again then!

CW

8. thinking about getting out thursday and maybe friday if the rain an,t to bad.

9. With the water up at its highest since spring i did well in the tribs off the OR and its on a sharp rise now so im gona go today Havent hit any monsters but have had a dozen or so at or over 8 lbs all on soft baits