close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

High School Football

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by FOBU, May 31, 2005.

1. FOBU

FOBU

who here has son or grandsons that play ,,what school,,and any predictions
    i have a son who plays for olentangy braves,they are young but experienced
    could make a run at the playoffs if the breaks go theyre way

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I have three boys that bug me to play all the time. The oldest is 6 and he just cant understand why you have to be 7 to play organized ball. The 6 year old goes to all the local games with me and sits through all the Browns and OSU games with me ever since he was 2. The other 2 just like to play. I don't want them to grow up, but I can hardly wait to stand on the sideline and let them hit someone else for a change, lol.

3. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

With all of the school districts around the state that are in trouble, we almost have to wait to see who has moved or transferred where to get a good feel of the fall season. In the Dayton area there aer still a lot of questions.

4. My son plays for New Richmond High ..East of Cincinnati. Wait and see..Last 4 years we did great..

5. NCRAFT150: Both my boys played H.S. football and those were some of the best times, the "friday night lights"! We were not a power house and 6-4 was a good year. lol but that didn't stop them both from having a really good time playing and Mom/Dad a good time watching. One downer though, My younger boy blew out his knee the first game of his junior year. He was pass blocking and his own guy rolled up on him and did his knee in. He had surgery and came back his senior year and had a good season. I just wish my kids had the size and ability to play college ball. My younger one went to WVU and we went to the games with him. My heart ached for him cause I knew he would of just killed to be able to play.

You mean you make your kids sit through a Browns game?????????? Just kidding! I live about smack dab in the middle of Pitt and Clev and root for them both with a slight lean toward the Steelers. I'd really like to see the Browns get their act together this year. Their fans deserve more.

6. catking

catking Banned

One thing for certain- Division 1 champ will once again come from Cincinnati THE hotbed for great teams......... I've been following that New Richmond team also FSHNERIE ... they are very good.......... and once again a team within a rocks throw of Cincinnati..... ;)

7. This is the year for Groveport. :rolleyes: I don't think they've had a good team since the early to mid 1980's. I graduated from there and went to the home games because I had friends on the team. It was hard watching them get pumelled every week. In my 4 years of High School they had 3 coaches come and go. And they wonder why the team isn't very good. I guess you got to start somewhere. This might just be the year. They have some kids that are pretty good this year. I'm hoping for maybe a 5 win season this year.