close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

High School Football

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by CHOPIQ, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Anyone else's high school still in the football playoffs? I live in Hilliard and they just lost last week by a point. They went for 2 points instead of the extra point kick in the last 10 seconds and just missed it. I agreed with the coach on trying for 2 instead of 1. Also I'm from St Marys and they are playing at Upper Arlingtons stadium against Bishop Watterson this Saturday. Gotta love those small public school playing with the big recruiting I mean good student body Catholic schools. :eek: :eek: :D :D. GO RIDERS!!!

2. catking

catking Banned

Cincinnati's Colerain is still there :D and will bring back yet ANOTHER division 1 championship to Cincinnati. What will the be??? 4-5 years in a row for Cattinatti :cool: ......... Elder, Colerain............ Cincy highschools, gotta love them....... CATKING

3. I hear you catking, if Hilliard would have made the 2 point conversion they would have played Colerain. I don't tink Hilliard could beat Colerain. Kilbourne couldn't stop Hilliard so I know they won't be able to stop Cincy.

4. bassn317

bassn317 Casual Fisherman

Glenville will tkae the championship home this year!

5. The running game of Canton McKinley has been UNSTOPPABLE for about 6-7 weeks now.

400 ground yards last week.

Hopefully they can get past Glenville and into the finals.

6. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

heading to columbus saturday night with the wife to spend our aniversary night out at the football game. Hopefully the riders have it together and kick some.

Bill

7. I dunno. Glenville has the man who made Ted Ginn, Jr. :D I think Glenville should get the crown just for beating St. Ed's, Ignatius, and Benedictine in the same season :) Should be a good game. I haven't followed McKinley too much this year but I know they have traditionally had some strong teams. Then again, so did Ed's, Ignatius, and Benedictine :confused:

8. watterson's still alive.

9. Ive always liked St.Marys but there were our biggest rivalry. origionally from Wapakoneta. It seems the guys are getting better and better as years go by. Here in Versailles area we have Al Hetrick and the roughriders have Bohman(sp) if hes still there. They both have tons of hs records in the books.

10. My old high school, Westfall, lost in the 1st round to Ironton. It was the 2nd year in a row they made the play offs though! There were 3 of the 4 schools in Pickaway county that made the play offs, Circleville, Logan Elm and Westfall but all lost in the 1st round. Amanda Cleercreek is still in it though, they may win it all again. I think that would make 4 state titles in the last 5 or 6 years!

11. catking

catking Banned

Cincinnati Colerain will be playing Canton McKinnly for the Division 1 championship. Colerain averaged 40 points a game this season., and has mowed over all in their path to the final game. Canton will not be much trouble either............ THE CATKING !!!

12. ;)

Just remember, you're coming to OUR home field for the game.
    This is Stark County baby and WE ARE footballers!! By far the longest top producing county in Ohio for gridiron talent. We'll have wet naps and psychologists in the visitors locker room for "after game comforting".
    :D

In all honesty, I wish luck to all the boys, and I hope that we all remember that is what they are.....just kids playing a game.

13. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

No way is anyone beating McKinley on its own turf.

That's like...like...someone beating MOGADORE on it's own turf. Yeah, we gotta case full of state trophies too!

14. CW03

CW03

I don't understand why Colerain and Canton McKinely are playing the DI state final game on Canton McKinley's home field. Cincy is already making the 4 hour trek--why not make it at a neutral site :confused:

I don't think it will matter, though ;) Between Goodman and the offense executing the triple option perfectly, Simpson running like the beast he is, the great secondary and linebacking corps, and defensive line wizards Byrd and Byrd causing major havoc in the Canton backfield, this game might not be close. It would be nice beating McKinely bad on their home field :cool:

Hopefully it's a great game.

15. catking

catking Banned

I saw last night where Colerain placed 5 players on the first team all Ohio Division 1 Team :eek: I'm here to tell you guys that Canton cannot and will not be able to handle these guys. They have played teams this year that were outstanding, and just mowed them over. We will see ;) And yes, they are jut kids ;) .AndroDoug............ :p ..................... DA KING !!!

16. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

It's a OHSAA conspiracy. :D These guys haven't been able to get it right for a number of years. It's seems we have to endure this samething every year. It makes absolutely no since for the best team with the best record (by 3 wins) in the state to have to travel four hours to play for the D1 championship. It should be played at the very least on a neutral court or realistically right here in Cincy. It's the same excuse every year...the lack of sufficent venues to play the game which is a crock. It's time that OHSAA moved the D1 championship game to a central location. Me thinks Colerain will bring yet another D1 championship back to Cincy on Saturday. :D

17. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

That Cincy teams must travel to the other corner of the state to compete in the finals every year. It is even more screwed up that they have to play a team on its own field. The state needs to do something about this crap. It needs to move around or needs to be held in Colombus every year.

I hope Colerain waxes Canton, not just because they are from Cincy, but on principle also.

18. catking

catking Banned

That is what makes it even more sweet shuvlhed1- Cincy has won 3 out of the last 4 State titles, soon to be 4 /5.and we do it traveling to foreign lands ( aka Cleveland and anything North :D ) so these guys cannot say we are whining. What we are saying is fact. Fact is, if the teams in the north had to play here, we would NEVER lose........... :cool: ...DA KING !!!

19. Location is bogus, I agree. Locations bid to host the games. OHSAA only entertains certain areas re: adequate seating, parking, concession capacity, etc..

Used to be Ohio State, Akron Rubber Bowl, etc... contended for the contract.

Since Massillon and McKinley have the facilities, they've been doing it for cheaper than other larger arenas. That's why they've hosted those games recently, regardless of who's playing. They've won the bid for a few more years.

Cinci teams definitely have more talent, I doubt they have the heart that Stark County teams have though. ;) They're bigger, stronger, and faster but NO WAY are they TOUGHER!!

20. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Dave E,
    You're right...Money talks and Bull$!&* walks! It's always about the money. Here's a novel idea...Why not take all the money OHSAA makes on the playoffs and build a centrally located venue. Ummmm...sounds like a plan.