close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

High School Football Talk

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by KWILSON512, Aug 14, 2007.

1. We've got people from all over the state here so lets start talking smack and discussing our great high school football in the state which is about the best in the country. I went to Berea high so there not much to talk about but i'm always game for some good high school and college football talk.

2. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

I played at Willard High School back in the day, my brother in law is beginning his first season as the head coach of the Crimson Flashes, should be an interesting year !:D

3. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

My HS, St. X, is going to be playing on ESPN this year! Got to love Ohio high school football being shown across the nation.

4. alan farver

alan farver purple raiders softball

my son plays for the new philly quakers #47 de and tight end.the quakers should be pretty tough this year.the quarterback has already signed a full ride to akron.go quakers beat dover

5. Eastlake North is the team to beat if we stay healthy.

6. I hope Ohio does better this year in the Ohio Vs. USA classic than they did last year. As far as Eastlake North being the team to beat I highly doubt it but they generally do have a decent program. I'm real interested to see what Massilon does this season with their new Torrence toy and also think that Iggy will have a good year. Glenville is gonna be a force as long as Ginn is a coach there. I'm real interested to see what Roskie will do at Cleveland Hts in the next couple of years he is a hell of a coach and Hts has not come anywhere close to their potential in past years.

7. ReadHeaded Hunter

ReadHeaded Hunter Catchin eyes

i play at d-6 fairbanks. were the fighting 27 this year. play-off bound!! :D

8. I haven't put pads on in nine years...I still have dreams every once in a while...sure do miss it. I played for Grandview...we never did too well, but when you only have 20-25 guys(including freshmen) there isn't much to do. Most of the guys who started, including myself, never came out the whole game...

We'll see what the Bobcats can do this year.... 9-2 a couple seasons ago...best record since '87.

9. BuckHunter10

BuckHunter10 Hunting 24/7

Lake catholic high usually has a great season every year. With randy greenwood running the show again this year and next lake should be a good competitor.

10. I remember in when Lake Catholic had a bigger O-line than the Browns years back. Cant relate to the small program talk of 25 guys but can relate to playing for a bad team (Berea). Seemed like we were always the worst team in the area. Below are a list of some of the states better team and outcome for week 1.
    Glenville def Indianapolis Warren Central
    Strongsville def St Edwards
    Youngstown Cardinal Mooney def Mentor
    Cincinnatti Elder def Lakota West
    St. Ignatius def Boardman
    Coldwater def Kenton
    Hillard Darby def Hilliard Davicson
    Colerain def Huber Heights Wayne
    Moeller def Mason

11. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

I'm an Oak Harbor boy we went to state last year and lost :( but should be good agin this year one the first-GO ROCKETS!

12. I am anxious to see how Grandview does this year. I used to teach with the new head coach. He knows his football. Did anyone get a chance to see the Battle of Hilliard (Darby vs Davidson)? That was one heck of a game. Both teams should be solid this year. I graduated from Orrville HS. We usually have a pretty good program, but I think we are down this year.

13. Orrville should be pretty good this year but in Div 4 Youngstown Cardinal Mooney is the team to beat they have won the title 3 of the last four seasons and have a ton of talent in LB/RB Brandon Beachum, LB/DE Taylor Hill, junior DL Johnny Simon and OL Jarod Emerson all have scholarship offers to major college programs and Mike Zordich verbaled to Penn State while QB Dan McCarthy committed to Notre Dame. Other good teams are Kettering Alter, Amanda Clearcreek and Marion Pleasant, Bellaire, Oak Harbor, Plain City Jonathan Alder, Coldwater and back-to-back Div 3 state champion Steubenville (now in Div 4).