Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the rain and upcoming rain in the forecast where is everyone going? Not looking for your exact spots, but if you know of a stretch of fish-able river where its not so high that would be great to know. Maybe just some suggested places to park for access.

Which river between, the scioto, olentangy, little and big darby, walnut, alum, is least effected by the rain?
It looks like the olentangy flow rate returns to normal levels much faster than the scioto.

OR

Should I not even waste my time while the rivers are high and try to find some ponds?:confused:

Any info would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Most of the ponds I go to are unaffected by the extra rain water unlike the rivers and lakes around me.

Ponds seem to normalize write easily after a storm so long as the water clarity doesn't change drastically...... Up to you though.

~^~^~^~^~^
| Mr. A
|
¿ <°»))))>{

·
deleted
3,891 Posts
Earlier this morning there was 200 CFS below the Delaware dam and 6,000 CFS at Wilson Bridge.
He found that out here: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/oh/nwis/rt

They aren't letting anything out of Delaware, but the watershed got hammered so hard this morning that it isn't likely to fall fast at the Worthington gage.

You should check that Delaware gage before you go because they could open up that dam any minute and there would be hell to pay downstream...water takes about 12 hours to get from Delaware to Worthington.

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,159 Posts
Be a trooper and fish a slow pocket off the bottom with a heavy weight; or, watch some tv and have a beer...

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@streamstalker I've been on the usgs site before. I prefer the iphone app "River Reader" if you haven't seen it yet its a pretty smooth app. But thanks for the info.

@deazl666 Been off the water the last week and half, tv nor beer will scratch this itch. Do you have any color preference in this chocolate milk? I've had some luck with black where its been muddy before.

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Clown, Chartruse, black and white, all solid producers for high/muddy water. The water has been up long enough that those fish have to feed, and will attempt to do so even though the water is raging.

There are a couple pockets south of Griggs Dam that will hold any number of species when the water is up.

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clown, Chartruse, black and white, all solid producers for high/muddy water. The water has been up long enough that those fish have to feed, and will attempt to do so even though the water is raging.

There are a couple pockets south of Griggs Dam that will hold any number of species when the water is up.

Thanks for the info.

Would you suggest making my way further south than the disc course or stick to right next to it? I'm just worried about bank access as I assume its too deep for wading?

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Would you suggest making my way further south than the disc course or stick to right next to it? I'm just worried about bank access as I assume its too deep for wading?
PM sent. . . .

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,159 Posts
@streamstalker I've been on the usgs site before. I prefer the iphone app "River Reader" if you haven't seen it yet its a pretty smooth app. But thanks for the info.

@deazl666 Been off the water the last week and half, tv nor beer will scratch this itch. Do you have any color preference in this chocolate milk? I've had some luck with black where its been muddy before.
Sorry for the late reply: Live bait will bring them in everytime in this crap, as long as you can keep the bait still in relatively slow water.Softcraws work if u can find them.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts