Hi all

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rolland, Jan 7, 2008.

1. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

Just found the site tonight, hope to learn a lot. Wanted to introduce myself. Im 35, lived in ohio all my life but just started fishing this last spring. I love going fishing eventhough I really stink at it lol, but im learning as I go.

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

welcome aboard rolland. lots to learn here.

3. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

welcome to the madness- where abouts in ohio do you live? where you find yourself mostly fishing?

4. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

I live in youngstown and usually wind up going to milton. I got to take a weeks vacation this year and I camped at pymatuming but other then that usually milton. It's close and my bud has 23 kids so closer is better.

5. wow...23 kids.. when can ya find time to fish????...welcome to the site

6. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

lol sry, 3 kids..

7. lol ...I got it just jaging ya;)

8. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

any advice for tomorrow? Its really sad but usually we end up with nightcrawlers on bobbers and sitting on the bottom. I got a lut of lures and stuf just not sure how to use it all. We will be going tomorrow to milton from 8-9am till it starts raining to hard to stand it :} Any ideas to try out would be cool, tks in advance

9. You could try casting some shadraps or get some chubs/shiners instead of the crawlers.

10. Yep, Steve's right Roland. Shad Raps or if you're fishing the river there then I would try throwing a Smithwick Rogue. Maybe you'll grab a Saugeye or 2 out of there.

Good luck man.

11. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

I will try that the next nice day, ty. We got some night crawlers and didnt have much luck but a bad day fishing is better then a good day working anytime.

12. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

That's what I'm talking about. Welcome to the site.

13. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

Thank you Toxic

14. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

are you refering to the river running from berlin to milton?

15. Hi Rolland,

I just started fishing last year too. This board is great; they are a ton of help. Welcome! Drop me a PM if ever you're headed up to Columbus.
    Stephanie