heyy doooods, i'm back!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crappielooker, Mar 15, 2008.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hey doooods.. its been 1 yr since i left good ole Ohio.. i can honestly say that i missed you all(except during the snowstorms:p ).. what have I been up to?? lets see, i went to china.. and hungout with some cool folks there for abit..
    [​IMG]

then i went up to the northern part of thailand for work.. spend several days up there, and it was GREAT!!
    [​IMG]

then, i drove up to meet another Ohioian who decides to retired in Thailand.. he used to live several doors down on the same block as me in columbus german village. Now i check on the ole man once in awhile.. he lives in a really nice area.. really hilly and very close to the river..
    [​IMG]

of course, i had to goto the river to check it out.. ;)
    [​IMG]

and here's my dream piece of property.. right on the reservoir that holds lots of good sized fish.. my land would be from the left side just after the hill, all the way to the right (ending somewhere in the middle of the hill you see on the right).. i'm talking the owner into selling it to me right now.. she is doing nothing with it at the moment except growing wildflowers..
    [​IMG]

apart from working, i have been doing absolutely nothing fishing wise.. i hope this dumb trend will change this year.. i'm thinkin i forget how to tie knots now too..
    I hope you all have a great coming year..

2. hey great to hear from ya AK!!!! cool pics too!!! hope to see some fish pics soon!!! would love to come over for a couple cold ones with ya but i'm not much on flying!!!:eek: take care and keep in touch!! you missed out last week!! columbus got 20+ inches of snow!!!:D

3. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

Welcome back to the site AK...looks like a nice piece of property and I hope the fishing gods bless you this year with bent rods and tight lines...your friend eeriely resembles misfit :eek: ...any misadventures with him you want to share with us?

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hey dooood.
    good to hear from you,sprout:D
    that property looks like my kinda place:cool:
    wish i coulda been there instead of looking at all this snow we had.hope you're doing good and staying out of trouble(well,i can hope):D
    i think i know that old guy:D

LOL brian,he looks like he could be trouble:D

5. Nice pix Ak! Good to hear from you and man, you gotta get fishing!!!

Nice hat!!!:D

Is your buddy's name "Kurtz" by chance???:D

"The horror.... The horror...."

6. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Great to hear from you AK!
    I hope all is well.
    Those waters sure look fishy.Go catch some!
    You have taken OGF international.:D Thanks for the beautiful pics.
    And thanks for checking up on the old dude...he kind of looks like Ernest Hemmingway.:D

7. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Dooood! Those are SWEET shots man. I heard ya called when I was in FL dodging the snow.

Gimmie a ring or email or whatever...Rick has been tryin to get a hold of you.

Glad to see you're still alive and well my man.

8. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

Good to hear from ya Ak,
    Nice Pics, Don't let work keep you too long from fishing, it'll burn you out. It's good to see ya sport the OGF hat over seas, That's cool! If you buy that property, Can we have the next OGF member outing there? ;)
    Be of Good Cheer.

9. Its about time you checked in!!!
    great pic's man...btw camping season starts in a month..got that flight booked yet?

10. crappielooker

shake .. I will call u today.. Answer the phone. ;)

11. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

If ya get the property....I hear an OGF Roadtrip is in order!!!!!

Glad to hear your doing well....

flash--------------------------------out

12. crappielooker

i have an open invite for any members that will be visiting thailand.. Just get a hold of me and we'll go from there.
    ps. The ole man in the pic,s name is bob..

13. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Dood, what is that Bob has in his hand...! :D

14. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

I was wondering that myself...that don't look like a Camel.:D Hey Ak, its really good to see you checking in. I hope we get to fish together again someday.:)

15. crappielooker

wonder no more.. It is what you think it is.. ;)

16. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Thats funny.:D So Ak, what kind of fishing do you have over there? Obviously salt water, but what about fresh water? Is there any carp over there?

17. crappielooker

the pics above are both freshwater. Most folks here fish for giant snakeheads, and mekong cats.. :)

18. I agree some beautiful scenery in those pics.

19. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

I've never met you, but its good to see you on here again! Nice Pic's :) WB

20. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Welcome back AK. If you are in the area give me a yell and we will get a line wet!