close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hey you Elyria guys....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wannabitawerm, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

I've seen a few posts from some newer members out of Elyria. The couple I know of are myself, Dazed and Confused, and Steelintime. The latter 2 I haven't heard from in a while. I'm on the south side near the Eaton Twsp border off of Middle Ave. Where you guys at?

2. Dazed and Confused

Dazed and Confused Wanting Walleye

I'm still kicking around,just been kinda busy I guess.Noticed this morning my last visit here was 11-22-07,longest I've ever gone without checking in.Haven't been fishing since Oct.after blowing up my starboard engine,so pulling it and rebuilding it has been my main focuss.Not Fun.

Anyway,still living in the same place for the last 25 years,West side in Carlisle Township on West Ridge between Russia and Butternut,I'll be there till the day I die cause I ain't moving all the wifes garbage collection unless it's going to BFI.:D

3. I'm on russia rd. btwn west river and murray ridge

4. Wannabitawerm

Drive by you guys all the time on my way to my camper, (Albrecht before Twin Lakes), and on my way to Molnar's for bait. Do they let you fish the golf course there on Oberlin- elyria? Wondered if there were nice fish in there.

5. Forest hills golf course, yes you can fish there. I never really put alot of time in there. Years ago to let my son fish. lots of small bluegill. Although I
    did catch a blue heron there once. The darn thing flew out of the cat tails
    picked up my hulla popper. Tried to make his escape but became tangled in
    the line and crashed into the cattails on the other side. Had to get knee deep into the water to get that sucker loose.

6. Wannabitawerm

Had a similar experience with a goose off the pier at Lorain, he caught my line as I was casting. He didn't crash though, he was in full flight and stripped my line in a matter of seconds. Spooled me and left with my line, then watched it slide off his back and dropped into the river. That was hilarious!

7. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

I am close, live in Vermilion just off rt 2.

8. I once caught a seagull at the Rocky River. It took 3 of us to release it!