close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hey Mathews guys...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Fishpro, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

I found out yesterday what Mathews in unvieling tomorrow...but I'm not allowed to tell.:p To say you are going to impressed is an understatement, and thats coming from a diehard BowTech shooter...I might even have to switch sides....NAH!!:D I think Mathews is going to shock a lot of people with one of the new bows tomorrow.:eek:

2. I heard about the new bow they are coming out with also. Supposedly its going to be a dual cam or a hybrid cam or something. Not too sure. Also heard the IBO is supposed to be like around 350 fps. Thats fast!!! I'll still keep my '08 Diamond Marquis :) .

3. Fishpro

I'll say this much...it has a 33.5 ATA, 6" Brace height....and an IBO of 360fps.:eek: :eek: Theres more, but We'll have to wait another 47 minutes to find out the rest.;)

(I hope my source wasn't BS'ing or I'm gonna eat my hat on this one.:D )

4. No I think its legit. I was reading about it over AT. I heard the same specs.

5. Fishpro

I got my info on a private site I belong to, not AT, so I'm very confident about it. All I know is at the very least I plan on shooting the one with the 360 IBO as soon as I find a dealer with one. I just want to see what it will do at my DL of 27.5".;) One thing I don't know and will be interesting is if they did away with the DL specific cams? A modular system would be nice(Bear did it with the Mathews cam they are now using), but they make a pile of cash @ $85 a crack for a replacement cam.:rolleyes: :eek:

6. Thats the main reason I didn't get a mathews. I hate how you had to buy a new module to change the draw length. Just more money that has to be poured into an already expensive bow. 360fps is fast though. Mathews needed to come out with a new concept for their bows. Their market was starting to get taken over by bowtech/diamond/ross. The drenalins and dxts should be going for cheap as soon as the new bow comes out.

7. Fishpro

Well, we're down to 25 minutes...I wasn't going to stay up, but I might as well now.:)

8. Fishpro

Well what do you know....my info was right...Mathews is no longer just a single cam. They just released 2 dual cams.;)

9. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

You mean Mathews is now making double cam bows? Guess that kinda goes back on their yrs of advertising " Single Cam Technology"...And this new speed bow of theirs only has a 6" brace height...no wonder its fast. Sounds like a intersesting bow. I'm curious what kinda spin their marketing group is gonna put on it to promote it?

10. Fishpro

I don't know how true it is, I can't get on the Mathews site...it crashed about the same time they updated it:confused: , but now they are saying they are going to put the Mcpherson name on the 2 cam bows.:rolleyes: Thats what I've been reading anyway.

Edit: The "speed bow" 360 IBO, only has a brace of 5"...I don't want no part of that.

11. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

I looked at the site before it crashed...It reminded me alot of the PSE Xforce. It wasn't a bad looking bow. I'm with you though...I ain't touching a bow with that short of a brace height. I was wondering if they were gonna market it under another company name...Kinda like how Bowtech seel their single cam bows uder the Diamond name...Speaking of which have you seen the Diamond Iceman yet....sweet looking bow.

12. Fishpro

Yeah, I've seen the Iceman, can't wait until they start shipping them. The center pivot and one cam looks great together.:) I shot the Admiral the day before it was released :D, and I might go with that or the Sentinel if I can ever get my hands on one to test it.;)

13. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

I'll either be getting a Iceman, a Admiral , or a Captain. Kinda leaning towards the Captain cause I like a little longer bow...But not as long as the Sentinel.

14. Bah, trying to get the info on the new bows and their site is not cooperating. Booh. Oh well i'll try back later. their site is hurting, I can't get any of the pages but their homepage to open.

15. Fishpro

I want to try a Sentinel because its real close in spec to the Old Glory, and that was probably my favorite BowTech...then again, my Allegiance isn't a slouch either.;) :D