close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hey carp guys, check this out!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fishpro, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Hows this make you feel?!

Attached Files:

• p72.jpg
      p72.jpg
      File size:
      23.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Fishpro

And this one?

Attached Files:

• p64.jpg
      p64.jpg
      File size:
      21.9 KB
      Views:

3. Fishpro

How 'bout this?

Attached Files:

• p9.jpg
      p9.jpg
      File size:
      22.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Fishpro

I've been in a rather heated discussion on another site about bowfishing, give me something to show 'em!! :mad:

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Looks like a bunch of Macho men killing things for the fun of it!

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Why so many? That seems like overkill to me..... :D Okay I know that was a very bad joke. :eek:

7. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Hey Fishpro, Where is this discussion taking place?...i'd sure love to give them my thoughts on this topic!!!!!!

Scott

8. LOL thats funny Brian :D As long as carp are listed as rough fish by dnr's it will never stop.Good luck on anyone changing there minds :rolleyes:

9. Are those all carp? That top picture looks like sheephead or something?? I saw a show on tv once and they were bow fishing for catfish. Wonder what they do with all of them?? Does seem like a big waste of resources. Even if they were going to eat them all seem like way too many. I'm not a bow hunter but I do hunt so I can see the draw from the challenge stand point, I'm sure its not easy to do unless you are a pretty good shot with a bow. I like to bird hunt for the challenge but also what ever gets killed gets ate. I cant imagine why they would shoot that many. I'm guessing its some where down south? Bow fishing seems pretty popular down there.

10. Just think of the buffalo, people used to think there was no way the could ever kill them all.

11. Buffalo had no place to hide.

12. Its sad when you think the indians hunted them for 100's of years but it only took the settlers a few short years to pretty much wipe them out. You would think we would learn from that.

13. Fishpro

These guys excuse is that carp are a introduced specie and they kill all the other fish and destroy all the habitat should be removed from the waters. these guys eat some, but for the most part become fertilizer. :(

14. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

Well, the ODNR allows this to go on, whatya gonna do? ...................Fortunately, they cant even dent the Carp Populations....matter of fact, thinning the herd probably makes for bigger Carp in the long run anyway.............The Mods probably should move this one to the Bowfishing section of the site......................I can see the carpers getting all bent over the pics that were posted.

You know they shoot GATORS in Florida, along with loads of Carp,Gar and other "rough" species...............

15. Fortunately, they cant even dent the Carp Populations

Thats what people thought about the buffalo also!

16. Fishpro

Nah, I don't want it moved, I put it here on the main board for everyone to see.

17. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Thresher on all points. If it's legal, all we can do is gripe about it.

18. I wonder if you guys will be preaching to save the big head carp or the snake fish in a few years too, they are all introduced species.

Scott

19. The more they shoot at them the smarter they get(carp that is)I don't see it ever stopping.The carp guys are real small groups.

20. looks like the white bellies are cats,sure not carp.