close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hey Ak...look What I Caught Sat.

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by BigChessie, May 8, 2005.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

ok..i need to find some woods within my bike riding distance to find some of those .... i can already see them mingling in my pasta dish already... thanks for making me hungryyyy .... again.. :D

2. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Hey your more than welcome to ride down to my farm and get ya some. It is only about 5 miles outside of Chillicothe. lol

3. crappielooker

lol.. that would take me all day to get there, if i don't get roll over by the semis on 23.. :D

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

BigChessie, I live in Chillicothe, we are practically neighbors!

5. BigChessie

Hey there Flat. Ya gotta know where Bourneville is! I live in Circleville but have land down there. You been picking shrooms?

6. flathunter

Yea I know where Bourneville is, I drive thru there on my way to paint creek spillway to catch bait..No shrooms this year, only time to fish.

7. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Awesome find there man! :D :D Still nothing up here. Going to go out this week for sure though. Almost guaranteed to find something ;)

8. Nice job man. My dad is going down to AEP today and tomorrow looking for them, hopefully he does good enough to spare a few for me!

9. BigChessie

I don't know what is going on with them shrooms, 3 weeks ago I found a bunch of nice yellows. Then could barely find anything til this past weekend. I'm gonna try to get out at least twice this week if the rain comes like they said. I have been drying out alot of mine for later, might have to trade some for some carping lessons, lol

10. crappielooker

11. BigChessie

Ak Do you know when you might be down at COSI this week? Supposed to rain I think on Tues, Let me know and I'll take a couple hours off to come hang out.

12. catking

catking Banned

How do you guys eat them ? Dp you bread them and fry them ? Or do you just satee' them in butter ? I really have no idea..... Thanks THE CATKING

13. crappielooker

da king.. the best thing to do is give em to me.. they are not that good tasting anyways.. so just pick em and pack them up, then send em this way.. :D
    really tho..i like to just saute them with some garlic and butter..serve with steak..YUMM.. or i can just serve that with some pasta..YUMMY..

14. BigChessie

For the batch I cooked for Mothers day I crushed some townhouse crackers Put them aside.. Coat the shrooms with eggs and let them sit in egg for a couple mins then put them in a collander to let the egg drain off. Melt some butter in a skillet. put the shrooms and crakers in a bag and shake them up. I added pepper to the mix also. Dump the cracker coated shrooms in another collander. Fry the shrooms and when done I put the shrooms bake in the cracker collander and shake them around a bit. set them aside. Cook up some eggs, onion,bell peppers in the butter left form the shrooms and enjoy

15. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Ak, you'de ruin perfecly fine morels by putting them in pasta? Whats wrong with you?!

16. flathunter

King??????I thought you were a country boy?????YOU sound like a city slicker not knowing how to cook mushrooms...Very disapointing!

17. BigChessie

HEY GUYS!!! I just got a call from the ODNR Shroom Division......They have had reports that Morels are growing a tasteless non-smelling fungus that will cause sudden hair loss if eaten.....I have been advised to inform the public that ANY and ALL Morels that are found from this point on should be sent to me!! THIS IS NOT A TEST!!!! I will be expecting hundreds of phone calls so please be patient and I will pick them up as soon as possible! Until I arrive DO NOT COOK OR OTHER WISE DIGEST ANY OF THESE!!! Thank you for your help!

18. crappielooker

fishman..i only use them with my pasta because i like to make what i have last awhile..if i can find them regularly, then yeah i'll be eatin them by themselves.. :D