close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

He's HOOKED!

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Big Daddy, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Man, yesterday at the Deer Creek picnic, all DaleM could talk about was getting ready for, dare I say, ICE SEASON! He even went out and picked up a brand new Shappel shanty! I told you man, once you get it in your blood, your HOOKED!

Hopefully, we get GREAT ice this coming Winter! Could have used it yesterday in that HEAT.

6 months and counting..... ;)

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

From a die hard bassman to an iceman. Who would have ever thought it! Yes I did do it guys. Hey after 95 degrees yesterday the cold would feel good.
    Now on to getting my aqua view set up. I figure by first ice I'll have to get a bigger truck to haul everything.
    It's all your fault CARL!!!!

3. Glad to see we got another one Big D.

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

yep,i think you guys really set it on him.when he came by friday,i think that was 90% of our conversation :rolleyes: :D ;)
    he even had me almost convinced to give it another go :D

5. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

wow, it gotcha good Dale? :D

hey Dale Im looking to get an Aqua View too, i want the SV in case you ever see them on sale anywhere let me know.

6. DaleM

I'll do that HW for sure. Darn ice gods! :D :p

7. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Don't rush the ice LOL i will take the heat anytime. But if my wife gets me that bps suit were i can stay warm i may give ice a shot. LOL

8. DaleM

Jerry, you will have to at least give it a try. Heck even I liked it enough to be looking forward to it, And you know I'm not one that likes cold weather. Well up until this last year I wasn't anyway. (darn ice gods!) :D

9. Geeeez,
    Her I've come to respect Carl amd Dale M. and now all this talk about hard water !!!!!
    What's the world coming tooooooo.........

Yes, I'm sure the way it's going they 'll suck me in too...........

But is there no justice in the world today.

Two Pros talking about winter in June ?????????????????

Lord , save us from all this Dome...........

JimG

10. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

it could ice over tomorrow and i wouldnt care. same thing happened to me, went ice fishing once and i was hooked. use to wish the winters were shorter, now i wish they were longer.

sowbelly

11. DaleM

JimG , I even surprised myself. Sowbelly is right it does grow on you. To be honest I'm not ready for ice yet, as there is a lot of good fishing to do yet. BUT!!!! At least when it does go to ice I'm still very happy. Like Carl I hope we have better ice this year. I'll bet we recruit a few more of you as well. You all know I'll be right there cheering you on.. Carl has agreed to give me Ice dancing lessons as well, now there will be two of us doing the dance :D :p

12. Both if us dancin??? LOL! Bring on the ICE AGE!!!

I think we'll get more guys out there. Just puts you in a different mind set. The fishing can be slow, or it can be GREAT, just like open water. One of the best things is how much fun you have going out with your buddies and sharing the experience.

Look for a couple ice-related events this Winter gang. Presque Isle AGAIN, plus, we're working on another open tournament on the hard stuff. ;) :D

13. I think I'm hooked and have not even been up there yet! Sounds like an awsome time, I would have loved to seen you guys frying fish out in the snow storm. I'm already sucking up to the wife for a weekend trip up there.

14. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Add two more to the list....

I already got a new Aqua-Vu Scout.
    My nephew has the shanty,auger and vex.
    So we are ready :)

From all of the stories, it sounded like it was a blast up at PI last year.

But we can wait......we got some soft water to deal with now.... :D :D

15. peon

peon account delete

big daddy;;.... does ogf have an outing up your way on the ice??? if so id love to go ice'n with you... i ice fish on the lakes down here ... alma and rupert... but id love to head up and fish with you guys this next ice season im sure buckeye tom would to....

16. DaleM

To answer that, YES we will be having outings on the "ICE" We will have another Presque trip for sure and are working on getting a few more together. We'll let everyone know. Now that Big has me hooked, I'll be right there pushing for all of you to join us :D I'll guess the number of members getting out will be more than last year. Hey, if they can take a basser and get him excited about ice, no one is safe.

17. HA HA another one bite the dust
    ICE ON
    geowol

18. DaleM

George, you know how much I enjoyed it, can't wait until we can get back at it again. Well, I do want to enjoy this soft water for a while longer, but I won't be in tears when it freezes this year. See ya on the ice!

19. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Dale. Nice to see another one cross over lol. I prefer hard water to soft sitting in the shanty with a vex :) We'll have to head out this winter on Buckeye Dale :)

20. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Anyone else tired of them speed boats and jetski's buzzing by them yet? I'll take those windsailors up at PI over them any day. :D Big Daddy, it may be too early to start dancing, but would it be okay to at least start humming? ICE,ICE,BABY!!! :rolleyes: :p