Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My innards are hanging out these days. Waaay down below. It's weird and gross. I'm scheduled for laparoscopic. But not sure I made the right choice. I live an active lifestyle. Normally.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,845 Posts
None, thank God!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I had bilateral hernia surgery around 2016. I had some problems too. I went to a surgeon my family has used for years and trusted. He would not do laparoscopy repair. He said 70% of them fail if the hernia has torn open a larger area. He done a traditional repair with mesh and I have not had any problems in 4 years since. I work hard and never notice any discomfort. Just be prepared for recovery, all your private parts will swell like crazy

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got an umbilical hernia. Just following for the replies.
It's unpleasant. I have this bulge in my crotch. Some of it goes into my sack. I occasionally have to lay on my back and push it back in. Never really hurts too much.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
mine stuck out next to the junk like a golf ball, they just patched me up, has been good for alot of years but lately has been irrated

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
go for the traditional surgery , they did mine with the robot, this is real!! and now my right nut is pulled so far out of the sack you can,t find it, yep it hurts ,been to other docs even cleve clinic they won,t touch it. QUOTE from the third doc a messed up job. says robot should only be used for small rips ATT meeting says won,t hold up in court.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Patricio , sounds like you have delayed getting it fixed sooner for the way it sounds. I had right side done about four years ago , a small insicion he put some mesh in and no problems at all, nothing swelled up like others had. The stuff popping out will probaly make it a bit tougher on your procedure.. good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
go for the traditional surgery , they did mine with the robot, this is real!! and now my right nut is pulled so far out of the sack you can,t find it, yep it hurts ,been to other docs even cleve clinic they won,t touch it. QUOTE from the third doc a messed up job. says robot should only be used for small rips ATT meeting says won,t hold up in court.
BS.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Double for me , had the mesh put in, took some time for everything to find it's place again, swelling bad like I had an extra nut ..... but good now with no problems after a year . ..... not fun Ohio State university did mine

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Patricio , sounds like you have delayed getting it fixed sooner for the way it sounds. I had right side done about four years ago , a small insicion he put some mesh in and no problems at all, nothing swelled up like others had. The stuff popping out will probaly make it a bit tougher on your procedure.. good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nah. i hit the doc within a week of noticing something wrong. ive never had any medical issues before. any delay has been in the time between appointments.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Had outpatient laparoscopic surgery back in february, fixed two slight abdominal bulges. No issues with procedure discomfort and healed up fairly quick. Take it easy for a 3 weeks or so.... follow Drs' orders. NO regrets.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Had outpatient laparoscopic surgery back in february, fixed two slight abdominal bulges. No issues with procedure discomfort and healed up fairly quick. Take it easy for a 3 weeks or so.... follow Drs' orders. NO regrets.
Had laproscoptic about 20 yrs ago.Abdomen felt like someone dumped hot coal in.Lots of staples and mesh and 3 months later back in for traditional surgery.Been good ever since

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ive had laproscopic surgery twice in the last 4 years for a bilateral inguinal hernia. The first the mesh didnt stay and rolled back up causing the hernia to reoccur. The first one was real painful where i couldnt get up without assistance for almost a week. The 2nd i was able to get up and walk around almost normal the same day as the surgery. Only issue ive had was he accidently knocked my bladder while trying to unroll and fix the mesh from the first surgery and i had to have a catheter in for a week. Just follow doctors orders and make sure to drink lots and lots of water starting 2 days before to help fight the anesthesia side effects

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Laparoscopic almost 10 years ago. Selecting the surgeon is an important step. I used one who did work for the Cleveland sports teams and many European soccer players who said I could run in a week if I wanted to. He was right - one bad day/night after surgery then was walking 3+ miles within a week. Only needed one Vicodin the first night for pain. Stayed out of the gym for a month but probably could have come back earlier. First one mile walk was three days after the procedure. No issues to this point - hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I think you have to assess just what size and kind of hernia you have. IN my case the surgeon had decades of experience and he knew I needed a more extensive repair. He said he kept laparoscopy to small abdominal hernias and ones that won't have a lot of stress. I'd at least get a second opinion

1 - 20 of 29 Posts