close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Here ya go Double Eagle, Smokin Fish

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fishers of Men, Jun 25, 2007.

1. looks great, is smoked food really that bad for you because it looks really good :)

2. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

Heck, the air we breathe is prob worse! They have been curing and smoking since the beginning of time. I dont see a problem with the natural ways. Maybe the chemicals in liquid smoke that some use. You have to use the right woods, so no tar and such...like pine is a no no for example. Only hardwoods and I only use certain ones of them. Cant be dead or rotten. I guess a charcoal cooked steak is supposed to be as bad as smoking a carton of cigarettes, so this has too be better.lol

3. thanks alot! i wish i wouldn't have looked at that last pic. my mouth is watering so bad right now i think i need a bucket to catch the drool! i am being serious too! that looks too good!!!!!

4. Fishers of Men

He He, I sent some a few years back to a friend in Maine who does Bear hunts. He was about 75 miles from the nearest p.o. box and they called him and begged him to come get his package outta there, said it stunk the whole place up. When he got it back to the bear camp, he said it disappeared fast.

5. Is that a old frezer that is used in stores ?

6. Fishers of Men

That was a freezer from a dairy mart. I had a like large wood (outhouse) lookin deal like they used in the old days, but it was too small for all that I do anymore. I really liked the wood, because after all the years of smokin, it got well seasoned and every batch came out better than the last. This one, I took all the rubber and stuff out and have used about 5 years, it's gettin there but it can never season like the wood absorbed. I use at least 2 elbows in the pipe work so that heat is cut down and sparks get arrested, the fire box is about 40' away. When I get the next time out fishin I'll have enough steelies to do a batch and I will post pics on the way thru it. For cold smoking you should be able to keep your finger in a hole in the side, otherwise your fire is too hot. ( I have a thermometer in this one) More to come later.

7. Why not line the inside of it with hickory or something of that nature held in place with stainless steel screws?

8. Fishers of Men

Just havn't had a chance, but thats the thing to do. Not enough hours in a day, ya know.