close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Here we go Brownies!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by All Eyes, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Just buy an HD antenna that's what I did...its on local CBS...I have directv too...

fastwater likes this.
  2. Thanks for that info SR. I will surely check into doing that exact thing.

3. buckeyebowman

buckeyebowman On the back 9 and loving it!

Kizer has to learn to find his check down receiver, a running back. Heard an analysis of his play from last Sunday. The analyst broke down the game film, and said Kizer did an admirable job keeping his eyes downfield and not looking at the rush. However, he kept his eyes locked on the wide receivers, and usually just one of them.

And he never looked close to see where his safety valve was. But hey, these are exactly the kinds of things rookie QB's go through.

4. I got mine at Meijer for about 50 bucks...worth it...I pick up all major local stations...just have to have a coax hookup on the back of your tv.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    fastwater likes this.
  5. Thanks!
    Will be checking them out tomorrow for sure.
    And it has to be a HD antenna and not a reg. antenna?
    I've got a large, non HD, reg. antenna outside I used to use but disconnected it and removed the wires from the house when we got Direct TV many years ago.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  6. I know its only 2 games but come on......a catch a game?

fastwater likes this.
  7. Not sure if Kizer got concussed or what...very strange game by him...we need WR's...especially since Coleman is hurt now too.

8. I wouldn't put Hartline in that group of receivers but the others listed sucked none worse than Bowe.

9. Didn't get antenna up and running so didn't watch the game but was thinking the same thing when I heard he left the game that early. Maybe left over from last weeks game. I heard Suggs got to him once early today but again, didn't see how bad that was. Don't know if he got sacked anymore today or not.

10. buckeyebowman

When I saw Hogan in I thought that was a pretty quick hook. Then they got a report from the sidelines that Kizer had a migraine. I can't comment too much on migraines since I don't get them, but my older Sister does. Hers are real cripplers. She can't stand light, sound, or movement! It confines her to bed in a dark, quiet room.

And yes, Kizer made some poor throws today. But the WR's we do have could help him out a ton by catching it when he hits them between the numbers!

I bought my Mom a new HDTV when her old one crapped out. I just hooked up her old rabbit ears to it, and the picture was fantastic. But this was for local stations only. They now make extended range antennas that can pick up stations farther away. Don't know where you live, or if you'd even need this. Any decent antenna should be able to pull local stations.

fastwater likes this.
  11. My son gets migraines like that as well and takes meds. for them. Has suffered with them all his life and if one sets in, the symptoms are much like your sisters even to the point of throwing up and blurred vision. The meds. he was put on about 4 yrs ago really seems to have them under control as he doesn't get them like he used to.

I hope Kizer was just experiencing a migraine and has not been subject to a concussion.
    Having had a few concussions, I do know that severe headaches, dizziness,blurred vision and nausea will often follow. And the severity/longevity of these symptoms depends on how badly the brain is bruised or how bad the nerves around the brain are damaged.
    After last weeks game, I surely hope Kizer has had an MRI clearing him against the possibilities of a concussion.

Edited to add:
    Just read a couple articles on Kizer. Guess he was checked and cleared for concussion...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...okie-qb-deshone-kizer-leaves-migraine-returns

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  12. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Kizer still looks like a rookie and holds the ball a bit too long. I saw Coates quit on at least 3 routes yesterday. He's TERRIBLE!! I want him gone yesterday!! Coleman has a broken hand 2 times in 2 years. Seriously? Is he made of glass?

13. No such thing as an HD antenna. It is what they call it for marketing purposes. Your old antenna will work just fine especially if it is outside and pointed in the correct direction. A little elevation will help also.

fastwater likes this.
  15. Thank you for that response.
    Answered my question perfectly.
    Will be running new cable and re-hooking antenna back up. It's a monster on top of about a 30 tower. I should have never disconnected it as we had excellent reception on all local channels. Just didn't think we would need it with satellite.
    They're gonna keep fooling around with the satellite stations and prices we will only be having our local stations cause the dish is gonna take a hike.
    Again, Thank You!

As to the topic of this thread, agree Kizer is holding the football too long. But again, just don't think the Browns O line has the strength to stop either the D of the Steelers or Ravens. They will probably fair better this coming week against the Colts.

Just heard on the news that Kaepernick may be heading for the Bengals. Yep...more shame...that's all Ohio NFL teams need.
    One thing for sure...I won't be putting them out of business, but whatever team picks him up, I'll not be tuning in for their games.
    What a disgrace to this country! :mad:

16. How does a player get cut, gets puts on the practice squad and then lead the team in receptions in the second game of the season....Man they really must practice hard on that squad....Wish the people making personnel decisions could practice that well..

fastwater likes this.
  17. buckeyebowman

You're talking about Higgins, right? I liked his play but remember, he's trying to get hired permanently for a job that pays a lot of money. That's powerful motivation!

fastwater likes this.
  18. I can buy that thought process. And with buying that thought process, it also stands to reason that if that $, or even a portion of it wasn't guaranteed and could be taken away as easy as given, that that motivation to play would hang around a while.
    IMO, today we are seeing way to many players that will set records of all kinds and play like there's no tomorrow until they are signed with a big multimillion $ contract with a bunch of that $ guaranteed and then they could care less if they even start. And if they do put out enough effort to start, they play like they could care less if they're even on the field.

19. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

You just described Kenny Britt to a T!!!

Snakecharmer makes a GREAT point. How did the talent evaluators determine that Britt and Coates are more deserving to be on the field than Higgins. I can see with my own eyes that Britt and Coates are a big pile of manure!! Put Higgins and Louis out there or maybe even that Leslie Jordan kid or whatever his name was. Gotta be better than Britt and Coates.

fastwater likes this.
  20. buckeyebowman

Also that loser we signed a few years back from the Chiefs. I hope he wore a mask when he picked up his paycheck because that dude was stealing!