close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Here she comes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Froggy, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Frances Is knocking.....forcasts are calling from 2" and up to 9" in some places in Ohio....Good Luck everybody

Radar Loop

2. Well in a way I'm kinda glad to see lots of rain, the local streams I fish seem to REALLy turn on when the water's up, hopefully some big catfish will follow the deep water to my fishing spots. On the other hand hopefully no one experiences severe flooding either.

3. Good eye Ranger...When the rivers that flow into Erie finally go down...they will be full of steelies :) :)
    and the best of the year too :cool:

4. It rained here in ocala florida for three straight days. The skys were sick looking and wind never seemed to stop. Reminded me of the perch outing on erie during gale force winds.

The people around here are nuts too, you would think it was the end of the world. I saw two ladys almost get into a fist fight over the last loaf of bread...

We had a hurricane party on friday night, fried up some grouper and scallops.... Pounded down a few beers, went to bed and woke up to high winds and rain that would'nt quit.

My yard looks like fall in ohio, leaves everywhere!!! The pool is cloudy from all the rain water.... Only loss from the storm was a kite and 600 yards of 30lb big game!!! "drunken idea gone bad" it was fun for a while, gust of wind about 50mph decided it wanted the kite more than we did....

Good luck up north, we're wating for this weekends excitement!!! Ivan!!!

5. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

hey stickey fingers glad to see you made it down their i hope you arent talking about the perch outing that i was out with owen in his 18 footer that was a wild ride steelhead1 is headed down your way for 2 weeks he was trying to get in touch with you i dont know if he did or not..........jim

6. that's the outing... The weather was beautiful that day, great for jigging up perch!

I was on vacation all last week, got his email last night. I replied this morning, when is he coming down? If Ivan doesn't screw things maybe we can get out this weekend...

Jason

7. Hang on Jason!!! Here comes Ivan!!!!

Ahhh, perch fishing in 8 footers. Memories...... :D :D :eek:

Glad all is well.

8. :D :D First time in a Hurricane, Huh??? Leave it up to a yankee to come up with something like that...LOL

9. Frogg,

My buddy took the reel to work today... It's getting spooled with 50lb big game, should be ready for the huricane next week! Need to find another kite... :)

Jason

10. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i think he is leaving today i will pm you with his cell number i dont know if sprint will work down their

11. catking

catking Banned

IVAN is going to be bad guys and gals. I have a bad feeling on this one. My sister in law still hasn't settled on her place by Sanibel Island which was hit by Charlie. Ivan is a diffrent animal. My mother in law lives in Tampa :eek: I'll leave that one alone :D .Anyways, I really feel for these people down there. But it is Florida ;) Nice area to visit, but I wouldn't live there for free..THE CATKING

12. Fish2day

Fish2day member

Ah yes kids ..... I remember it well; the big blow of '72. Why, the water was lapping right at the back door of my apartment. The winds howled all night and all the next day. Non-stop rain for 4 days. Hurricane Agnes. You haven't lived til you have been through one. I didn't fly a kite tho .... I almost became one.

Finally moved back to Ohio when I woke up one morning with 2 inches of snow on my front yard. Figured if I had to put up with that much seasonal change I might as well have the real thing. :)

13. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

The Cambridge Ohio area is flooding bad.
    Rt 40 is closed near New Concord,and I-70 is closed near Cambridge.
    More rain expected overnight.

14. It's going from bad to worse. What takes me 20 minute to get home, took 45 today. Kept hitting dead ends. A couple places on 40 look like rivers. Wills Creek has a ways to go yet, but it's not looking good. The only other time I remember it like this was '98. Let's hope that doesn't happen again. To top it off, the water in my biggest pond is flowing over the dam. Not good! It's not supposed to stop til tomorrow afternoon. Just hoping for the best.

15. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Looking forward to finally meeting you someday Mike.
    I finally bought some land there on Tedrich Road.
    I hope the roads are open by Friday..I am heading down that way.

16. I look forward to it too. I'm glad you found yourself a place. I know Tedrick Road well. It's only about 5 miles away. In fact, I turkey hunt the property that I bet butts up against to yours. I don't have to tell you, but your going to love it. I also deer hunt across Cabin Hill Road, on the other side of Morton's. It's fantastic hunting all around there. Look me up any time. If I'm not out chasing flatheads, I'm on the back porch watching my deer. ;)
    You should be good to go by Friday.

17. I couldn't believe how bad it flooded at my place down here yesterday. I couldn't get across the driveway to my house because the creek was blown out so bad. It looked like a river through my front yard. I didn't realize how much it had rained until I got in the truck to leave work. Man was it wet outside!! Hope your ponds held up o.k. I know that mine didn't have near enough overflow yesterday. The flood in 98 busted it up, but the one yesterday made it even worse. Good luck and stay dry!!

Kevin