Here It Is!!!!! Where Are Fishing??????

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by mrphish42, Jan 14, 2009.

1. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

WELL, THE DEEP FREEZE EVERYONE"S BEEN PRAYING FOR IS ON YOUR DOORSTEP.... So now that almost every body of water will have some fishable ice on some part of your favorite place......With that in mind....WHERE ARE YOU HEADED FOR?........LARGE WATER OR SMALL....Also, since this might be the first outing for alot of guys......What are you going to "TARGET" (fish wise) for that first trip..... Walleyes/Crappies/Perch/ or just get some baits or lures in those first "holes" of the season.......and see what happens...... GOOD FISHIN TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU.....TOTALLY ENJOY YOUR ICE SEASON.... THAT SO VERY QUICKLY PASSES...... AND MOST IMPORTANT........."FISH SAFE"..........jON sR......... PS.....I'm still looking forward to meeting alot of you guys.....that I haven't come into contact on the ice with........HOPE IT LASTS !!!!!!!!!!! AWHILE..........:B :B :B ;) ;)

2. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Buckeye Lake All weekend long.... Going after some Suageyes or whatever will bite my line...

FISH ON!

3. This weekend i will be at my private lake (mrphish you more than welcome to join me if you want) maybe some night crappies next week after work then next weekend to buckeye for most of saturday insearch of my first saugeye ever!

4. Portage lakes..gills Nimi ....Perch North...crappie!!

5. what are everyones thoughts about all this snow? will it slow things down much? i'm gonna fish somewhere, if i gotta cut a hole in the ice in the wheelbarrow sittin out by the garage.

6. I will be on a local reservoir.......................hope to catch some crappie/perch maybe...............if its not too cold......I was out there last week and a guy pulled out a catfish...............not realy going for those but they would be fun to reel in..........B.L.

7. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I'll be at AEP on Friday and Caesar's Creek and local SW Ohio ponds the rest of the weekend. Ofr course this depends on the ice being good there.

Species of choice will be: Bluegills and Crappies with an occasional LM bass thrown in. And just maybe a catfish will bite as well. Seems to happen every two years and I didn't get one last year.

8. I will be at Jefferson State Lake in Richmond on sat with Stripers4Life and a few others, and maybe a strip pond or two. Crappies and Gills mainly. Does anyone fish Highlandtown above Wellsville?

9. BassnPro1 Caesars Creek is not a good ICE FISHN Lake they let the water out to many times in the winter.If you see ice theres agood chance ther's air between ice and water.But Now that I think about it if you go on73 towards harveysburg when yo go over the 73 bridge take the first road past it and take it to the end there will be a shellter off to the left theres apath and theres a nice little pond there that might be ok to fish.

10. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

To be more specific, I don't venture anywhere near the lake itself. I stick to the backs of coves and do well on the panfish. I have been fishing on 5" of ice there when the main lake was open water not 200 yards from me. You just need to spud away as you go along!

I have yet to encounter air between the ice and water, but if I saw that I'm outta there and heading to a nearby private pond that I have access to.