close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Here I sit -

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by creekcrawler, Feb 5, 2008.

1. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Here I sit, broken hearted -

Loaded up the gear last night, was hoping the big rains would hold
    off til this evening and I could get the lil woman on some steelhead. :mad:

All the flow gauges have gone near vertical.
    Can't think of a single drainage ditch that isn't blown out.

So I'm stuck at work.......:( :(

2. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

ya this sucks. I haven't fished for nearly a month! at least I am tying some stuff I need for the thaw.

3. think outside the box! there's ALWAYS somewhere to catch steelhead despite the conditions ;)

4. Sucks, is right. Went to a ditch this morning because I let my buddy talk me into it. Wasted, no way.

5. creekcrawler

Duckdude82 - I beg to differ today. I can't think of anything fishable (unless Cold Creek is still clear...).

6. cold creek will be toast but there are a couple i can think of right now that you can probably score double digits out of. they're there......you just have to figure out where :D

7. creekcrawler

Ummmm, OK...........

8. Duckdude, if you honestly think that you could score double digits from any Erie trib today than you are either the steelhead god or extremely dillusional...I'm thinking probably the latter :D... but if you should happen to be the steelhead god than please don't strike me down oh lord! Every ditch, creek, and river in my area is raging hard and still rising. Looking at the USGS flow rates every south shore Lake Erie trib listed is blown and/or still rising fast. I agree with you that there is always somewhere to catch steel...but not with regularity in any stream today and probably not even tomorrow. You're best chance for steel today would be to fish the staging areas of the lake.

9. The only creek that would be anywhere close to fishable today would be Cold Creek. It doesn't get blown out. But who wants to pay $5 to fish a 50 yard stretch of river?

10. fishinbula

fishinbula Its going under

If you live by any of the big rivers today you probably could fish from someones back porch but you might need softball size egg sacs. Your best bet would be stay in and tie new stuff up and wait till the rivers clear. Also I would like to see that river or ditch where you can catch double digits today in ohio.

11. creekcrawler

And, don't forget to get out the next few days.
    Walk the woods and parking lots with a bucket and help carry some of those stranded fish back to the river! :eek: ;) :D

Seriously though, I do remember a girl down at the old Floodwater Cafe on Canal Rd. doing it years ago. There were a bunch of catfish stranded in their parking lot after a flood a few years ago.

12. who said it has to be a river! :D as for either being a steelhead god or dillusional......i'd say i am the later first :p

13. creekcrawler

I'm both - A dillusional steelhead god! :eek: :eek:

14. fishinbula

fishinbula Its going under

Only if we had a cabelas I am sure we could catch some of those steelhead out of the tank right about now.

15. creekcrawler

:D

[​IMG]

16. I heard that guys have been having luck today at some of the major street intersections. :p

Attached Files:

17. that's cheating! the fish can't go past the sign so you know right where they will pile up :rolleyes: