close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Herculiner?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Goat 834, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Anyone do their boat floor with this? Seems like a simple alternative to carpet. So give me your thoughts

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

if prep work is done properly, i cant see anything wrong with it. im not a fan of carpet in a fishing boat, not saying theres anything wrong with it, just not for me. my sylvan still has scales everywhere.:confused:

3. I definately want to do something to knock down on the dull thuds that unprotected aluminum makes. I will not do carpet unless someone else does it HAHA. I don't like the way it starts to peel and then generaly becomes a mess. The herculiner may do the same but I think will look alot cooler.

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

ive only read about herculiner, but i think it will hose off fine.

5. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

im thinking of doing something similiar to mine this offseason. Some type of anti-slip liner

6. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

I did the cross members of my trailer to protect it from rocks chips/rust. That was 7-8 years ago? Still looks like the day I put it on. Dont see why it wouldnt work on a boat floor, will add some weight though. Just make sure you do exactly as they instruct for prep

7. Orlando I actually considered the little bit of extra weight. I have a 14' light as a feather john boat so a little bit more weight will be welcomed.

8. As far as hosing it out, it will work great. We used that stuff on the flatbeds of our lawn trucks at a company I used to work for. I would look into lighter colors if available. The black will warm up pretty good with the sun beating on it all day!