close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Helping each other?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CreekFloater, May 3, 2004.

1. CreekFloater

CreekFloater Have Water, Will Fish

This year will be my first to try to get together with some of you folks and fish some of the events like the Tues, Sunday or the Monday nighter. I often times end up by myself and wondered if there is usually someone willing to assist with the loading, unloading of your boat. This is the one area I have a tendency to get nervous about. I do it by myself, but am always wondering just who I am making crazy because I probably take too much care and time by myself. If others would be around and willing, it might make me more comfortable showing up and participating.

2. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Just get there early and dump in before everyone else, And be the last to take out. I never had any problems and fish by myself often. Just an idea, this way you will not feel rushed.

3. CreekFloater

Statying late is not a problem, but might have a bit of an issue getting there very early. Good point though! Am I the only one who suffers this anxiety over launching by yourself?

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Creek, If you need help getting in or out we'll make sure you get any assistance you need. Garry an I have helped several, there is usually someone there that will jump in to help you out. Be glad to have you join us.

5. If I make it out, I will do everything I can to help... even if it is just to hold the boat so you can trailer... everyone there will be more than willing to help out! Just let me know what I can do!!!! :D

6. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I made up an avatar off the picture of your big bass some time ago & I don't think I ever sent it to you. Now I need to change the background color and I'll attach it in here somewhere :eek:

7. mrfishohio

Hope you like it........Jim

Attached Files:

8. As another thought, you may want to try and pick up a non boater from right here on OGF. I know that there are a lot of us on the site that would be more than willing to jump in the boat and fish a tournament or to even help pre-fish (and help with the all the work involved and gas money). But I also realize that you don't just want to trust a stranger with your $35,000+ bass boat (that's understandable). Not so as to invite myself, but I belong to a Federation club out of Adrian, Michigan and am quite capable of dealing with every aspect of boat trailering, launching, motoring, and retrieving and am capable of puttin' a few fish in the boat at the same time (hehe). On the weekdays and weekends that we don't have tournaments back home I am stuck down here for college and with my little jon boat can't compete in tournaments with you all. Maybe next time the passenger seat is empty give a post on here and chances our you may find a new fishing partner. So, just thought I'd give you a more fellow fisherman friendly option.

Norm

9. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Hey luckybass
    Never think that with a jon boat you cant compete . Its not the boat that catches the fish . Heck Rainer and his partner just took 2nd pl. out of 86 boats in an open on Alum Creek last weekend out of his jon boat . Plus it seems that I did better when I had one myself .

Also Creekfloater , if I am at the event , I would be more than happy to help you out . Thats what were there for . To make some friends , be courtiuos and have a good time . :) I look forward to meeting you at some of these events .

10. CreekFloater

Thanks Phil, I figured it would be this way with this group. Like I said, I get it fishing alone and back on the trailer, but sometimes folks are not real patient when you are taking your time so as not to tear something up. Is your Monday night event one where you are looking for members, or must you be a member, or can someone show up and fish with you guys. How does it work?

Luckybass, I am sure we can try to get together sometime so you don't have to sit alone here in Columbus when not heading back to the burbs of Toledo for the weekend.

11. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Mondays Rainer runs his tournanemt at Griggs/O'Shaugnessy. Tuesdays we run our S/T at Griggs. These are both open type tournamentas just show up and fish. Wednesdays are Phils, which you join his group then fish his tournaments. Sundays we also run our tournaments at Griggs/O'Shaugnessy again these are open type. Hope to see you there.

12. Hydra~ If you think you do better out of a jon I'll gladly swap boats at the ramp with you HAHA :D I know that I could compete, but rarely. Take my trip to griggs last week. I started just out from the ramp to realize how deep and fast the drops are down there. I wanted to head north or putt around to find some shallow water but simply wasn't able to with the 4.5 outboard I have. Plus I am very restricted to what the weather gives me. A little wind and I'm totally handcuffed. However, put me on Knox or hoover and I'll be on the same playing field. It's tough, I want to be a "big boy" but am not at that financial stage in my life (college is a killer).

CreekFloater, I'll look forward to some fishing with you. Whether it be for fun, pre-fishing, or in a tourney.

Norm

13. mrfishohio

I see you got the new AV loaded ....

14. mightyduck

mightyduck AGE Ranger

I launch my boat by myself all the time! No big deal. Heck I'll help ya. If you practice at it a few times, you can do it pretty darn fast. If I Shakedown or Stiles would catch a fish once in a while, I'd even break down and get a partner once in a while...LOL

15. catking

catking Banned

Did somebody say they needed " help " with DA BOAT? CATKING :cool: Yea, my first ride of the year was coming up with RUMINATOR, and I had to cancel :mad: CATKING

16. where at and what are we fishing for?

I'm just down the road in roundtown

17. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Man...the only time I hear from the Duck anymore, is when he's dishing out absolutely NO LOVE!

18. CreekFloater

Duck: It isn't that I can't do it. I have and will continue to. It is just that I know how quickly everybody around a dock can get impatient and start jawing about the "idiots". WHy, I have even made those same complaints. Thanks to MrFishOhio for my updated avatar of my big bass from last fall. Polesnatcher, I am headed out for Lake Barkley in the morning for a weekend of those slab Kentucky crappies and will sneek in a few hundred bass casts. When I get back around, we can try to team up for a trip. Shake, I didn't take anything personal from the Ducks comments. Until learned otherwise, no offense meant, none taken. I am not a novice at this boat thing, I just am sensitive to the impatients of others, as well as cautious to not have my boat banged around the dock while I park the truck. TOO much money in this thing to tear it up anymore than nomal wear and tear creates.

19. come on down, take your time, there's always people to help. Especially when it's rough out there.

20. mightyduck

mightyduck AGE Ranger

Another hint...If you get lucky and draw a low starting #, put your boat in while everyone is shooting the breeze in the parking lot. If you draw a crappy # like I always do, Wait till everyone else puts in. That's what I usually have to do. That's why Dale calls me BH (bullhorn) haha.