Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be kind of neat to get some helpful tips about anything. it could be home remedies outdoor tips gardening tips whateverm

well my tip is if you have smelly drains or clogs pour 1 cup of baking soda down your drain with 1 cup of distilled white vinegar. watch it do its magic and after about 5 min rinse. no more bad smells.

ok lets here yours

·
Ohio Fishing Militia
520 Posts
Learned the hard way,
When NOT fishing alone, Always look behind you before casting a muskie plug. :eek:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
the smoke alarm is NOT a kitchen timer. one time while cooking a pizza i fell asleep watching tv and the smoke alarm woke me up. the pizza look liked a hockey puck.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Coca cola is the greatest cleaning solution ever. Removes blood from boat rust from chrome and stains from just about anything and corrosion from battery terminals without disconnecting them. Plus 1 million other uses. Billy Mayes has nothing on a 12 ounce coke.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I use used cat litter to keep groundhogs away from my garden. I find the little trails that the groundhogs use to get to my garden, and when it is time to change the cat box, I dispose of it on the trails that the groundhogs use. They stay well away from my garden. I figure it is the predator smell that keeps them away.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
those are some great ones. another tip i have is at the end of the year when you pull the plug we now put it on the keys to the boat. so we hopefully see it before we drop it in

·
Registered
49 Posts
A tip for getting a fish such as a perch, bluegill, etc. off your line if it has swallowed the hook, and you are going to keep it. Jam a tinker toy (or a 3/16" dowel rod) down the fish's throat, grab a hold of the tinker toy and the fishing line, hold over the cooler and rotate your hand quickly and spin the fish until it falls off into the cooler.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
I can't stand cleaning up dog waste, so sure enough I am dog sitting for my mom and she says she needs the yard cleaned up she is having some kind of party when she gets home. I thought of every way out of it possible. Even called that pet butler thing too expensive. Then I had an epiphony -THE SHOP VAC- took ten minutes for an acre yard and the thing was 1/4 full. You can't beat it!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
lmao ohiohunter, so many uses for a shop vac, and the list just keeps getting longer. :D;) Were you using your shop vac or your moms:confused:;)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
would probably be ok if its not your shop vac......dont think i'd want that stuff going through mine!

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
They clean easy. Before she left she knew it was going to be done and how much I hate it.

I can go elbow deep in deer guts but can't pick up a piece of dog **** without getting sick!

I was nice enough to make sure I only picked up the dry stuff.

·
Banned
5,615 Posts
Wal-Marts sells bags of time release pellets that you spread around the outside of your house. Do it twice a year. I had a huge problem with big spiders. I've applied this stuff for the past few years, and haven't seen a spider for years, and after time, it also killed the termites I had comming in the house every spring. Found out it also kills the larva of these destructive pest if you treat twice a year....THE CATKING !!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts