close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

helper springs for 1/2 ton truck

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sowbelly101, Sep 16, 2004.

1. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

the other day i went and got a load of dirt and it really weighted down my truck. the dirt was not wet and probally only filled the bed (6.5') about 3/4 of the way. I wasnt too worried about the load cause i was only going about .5 mile. has anyone ever added the extra springs and are there any negative affects to doing this. as far as i know it will only affect the ride of the truck, but not to familiar of any other problems that could occur.

also any suggestions of what i can do or what products to recommend.

thanks
    sowbelly

2. Sowbelly, there is a place in Marysville that sits right off of 33 called Nelson Auto. take it there and tell them you want to trade for a real truck. :D

3. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

hey, thanks for the offer on blue, i might have to take you up on that. i was just haulin top soil from back at craggers and so i didnt get to concerned about it. not sure if ill ever join the ranks of the locals but ill do my best to fit in. hehe.. tossin a few back at the pub dont sound like a bad idea to me, im sure you, dc and me need to get together and talk about the IL and local assault through the ice. you up at the lake everyweekend, cause your goin to start seein our ugly mugs all the time..

sowbelly

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

You can get helper springs at Summit Racing for as little as a 550# increase on up. I've put these (550#) on three different trucks just to help a little with tongue weight or if I need to do some hauling. I never really noticed any difference in the ride and it gives me just that little bit extra to help out. They are pretty cheap and easy to install.