close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by ocdfishguy, May 22, 2005.

1. Let me start by saying that I have never went after them before, so I don't have a clue how to get started. The boss (wife) goes nuts every time one of thoes bugle mouths jumps or rolls. I want for her to catch one so it needs to be simple. Do I need to use a bobber or fish on the bottom? What size hooks do I use? Poles will be no problem, I will use my cat poles. Corn, marshmallows, dough balls, some sort of live bait? Thanks for the help.

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Go to the Carp Forum and all sorts of tips can be found. Easiest is to just use a small hook with some corn. You can chum the area with about 3/4's of the can first, then save the rest for bait. That's my 2 cents' worth, I know it used to work well for my son. It's gotten to be a very serious sport to catch one these days. ;)

3. If your near Columbus PM AK and he'll take oyu out for sure... Juts make sure what ever you do have your drag set real light or you';; lose you pole from the initial hit (run)... Only use one single hook and carolina rig to start off till you become more aware of just how strong and tuff a fighter these fish are...
    Scrounge through the carp forum alot of great info there....

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

yup.. you're welcome to join me anytime.. just gimme a shout on here.. :)

5. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Hey OCD AK and I will be fishing the next 7 days pretty hard, get a hold of one of us and come join toss a line!

6. Something about that statement just does not sound right ;)

7. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Hey gobblergetter, don't be getting jealous on me lol

8. Thanks for the info guys and also the invite. Looks like fishing will be toast for about a week or so, to many honey doos.