close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help!!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jaredj, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Hi all, I just can't seem to catch anything out of Griggs. I don't have any problems fishing ponds. I have tried almost everything I have. Here is a list of baits I've tried. Crank bait(shallow and deep diving) Spinner bait(white and florescent yellow), tube baits, plastic worms, pop-r and pig n jig. Would anyone be willing to let me tag along with them next time they go out? I have gone to Griggs about 5 times now and for at least 3 hours each. Maybe its something in my presentation of the lure? I'm not sure. But I think going out with someone here that knows the lake can sure help me. I can go out any time after 3:30 m-f and any time Saturday. And Sunday I have church from 10-11:30.

I was at the weigh in last night for a little bit. Sure looks fun. I would like to eventually participate in these tournaments. Thanks all for your patience and help.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Jared...where you standing by the scales with your wife? No clue that was you man.

Griggs wooped me and Chopiq last night, so I'm the last guy that should be handing out advice this week ;)

3. Yes sir, Was my wife, daughter and me :) It was fun to watch all the fish coming through. We all had fun

4. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

you got wooped??? :eek: must be because of the color of the water...chocolate? :(

5. ShakeDown

Kinda funny...we even said before the tournament "We should be throwing spinnerbaits or pig n jig in this mud". Yet we didn't, and thats what most of the fish were caught on. Completely stubborn ;)

6. Anyone fishing Griggs this weekend and need someone to tag along? Just need some guidance on how to fish properly :)

7. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Jaredj:
    You should have introduced yourself. Shake, myself and our partners we're all skunked. Not sure why the numbers weren't up. There were some nice fish brought in but I hope you can be there when we have a good weigh-in.
    Shake, Spinnerbaits and jigs didn't work for us Tuesday. Last Sunday we did good on both wasn't the same Tuesday. I did read in todays paper that they shock tested Griggs Monday or Tuesday. Called ODNR and they said they really had some nice size bass they netted, Several over 3 lbs. and one that was almost 5 lbs. That might have effected the catch ratio. Last year when they did that the numbers were down for a few days. Jaredj- Was that your red tracker boat? If it was we saw you a few times on the water. Stop by man an talk to us the next time.

8. ShakeDown

Wow...that's interesting...

I know a few guys who boated fish were spinniin and jiggin. Oh well, tomorrows another day I guess ;)