Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am headed up to erie walleye fishing next weekend. I haven't been up there for a few years and need some info on what tackle to bring. It sounds like the switch to worm harnesses may take place by then. Do I get the weight forwarded harnesses? (1 Hook or 2) Or do we go with regular harnesses and bottom bouncers. I also need info on sizes, colors and weight. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Rob.

By the way this is a great site. Thanks for putting it together.

·
Registered
301 Posts
2 Hook harnesses with bottom bouncers will work for ya. Alot of guys will start using weight forward harnesses (Weapons) this time of year. If you want my advice....Leave the crawlers in your garden and pull some metal. Its MICHIGAN STINGER time !! I prefer MonkeyPuke, Confusion or Oil Slick for starters...then pull out the Super Muffin and the Mettalic Superman...if those dont work...I throw on a Boy/Girl and a Cat/Dog. If you cant get any with those....you may as well head home cuz dey aint bitin.

Good Luck to ya,

Mitch

·
Registered
482 Posts
Early in the AM you can have some sucess throwing weapons on and around the reefs. If you are marking fish at or close to the bottom. It is time to switch to bottom bouncers. Trolling spoons also works if your boat is set up for that and have the gear.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I forgot to mention that we are going on a charter and the captain doesn't troll or provide tackle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts