Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attempted for the first time every to fish a river today and left pretty discouraged. After reading a bunch of the post on here I made the trip to tannery park hopeing for a small mouth or some rock bass. I tried 2 flys the first one was a cray fish pattern with an epoxy body and I tried a #14 pheasant tail nymph. I started up by the canoe launch and and it seeemed like the water was way to fast. As soon as my line hit the water it was past me already. (Casting 45 deg. Upstream). I was trying to get the fly on the seam of the faster moving water and the slower stuff. I then moved further down to some slower stuff, and that seamed to help but it just didn't look right. If any one could offer some oppinions id really appriciate it. I've been watching a lot of you tube videos and reading but it didn't come together for me today. Also I drove down the road on my way home to middleberry rd. By the freedom trail and saw what looked like a boat launch. The water looked much slower there but I wasn't sure what was public access there. Thanks for any thought or oppinions guys!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for responding. As far as fishing tannery park are you talking about fishing from the heavily graffitied bridge across the street and up stream from there? I've walked from the canoe area south past the treatment plant but it seems like it gets pretty deep in spots. Also when your fishing the pheasant tail with the split shot do you also use an indicator? I bought some 1/2 in thingabobbers but I wasn't sure how far above the fly to set it so I just tried to watch the end of the fly line. I think I would benifit more from an imdicator. Ill search for the chuck and duck method on youtube. I appriciate all the help. I felt pretty lost today lol.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand what your talking about now. For some reason I was thinking about the overpass bridge across the street from tannery. I may give brust a try after work one day this week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts