Ohio Game Fishing banner

help with rattling

785 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BigSteve 
#1 ·
I tried rattling for the first time tonight. I saw a monster buck (for me :) )but he was hot on 2 does and didn't want me. My question is...What time is best for rattling am or pm?

#2 ·
I don't thionk the time of day matters as much as rattling when the bucks are up and moving. If they are on their feet they are more likely to come and see what is going on. If a buck is on a hot doe all the rattling in the world normally will not get him away from her.

#4 ·
Dude, I just had luck rattling for the first time. Halloween morning while not seeing much I did some grunting and some rattleing, about 5 minutes after my second sequence I had a nice seven point with a 15 inch inside spread come in directly downwind and was definently looking for what all the comotion was about. One well placed arrow and a short track and my buck tag was filled. Halloween always seems to be a magical day for bowhunters, talk about getting something good to eat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.