close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

help with merc 110,9.8,thunderbolt ign.

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by wanna-b-angler, Aug 19, 2004.

1. i use my motor every week.and on the first pull it fired up never any hesitation,this week i get out there (o'shay) and pulled my arm off and the prop turned but not even a hint that she wanted to start.any ideas where to start????? i changed the plugs and still nothing. i am in serious trouble because i dont know alot about fixin outboards. please any thoughts would be helpful. thanks in advance.. :confused:

2. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Stator took a dump.Go to www.obparts.com and identify the year-model. Then use that # and see which stator you have at www.maxrules.com Or, post the serial# on your motor and I can find it. Hope you don,t have the one thats costs more than the motor is worth. Raider<><>

3. i found one and got it on order.any thoughts of wisdom or caution when attempting to replace it? thanks alot i was lost... is this a popular problem with these motors?

4. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Very common when they get old. Also look your coils over for cracks. Raider<><>

5. raider any idea where to look for parts?

6. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Check on e-bay. I have a 110 that I needed a carb. for and found it on e-bay. Do a search of merc. parts and include 110 in the search. You'll be surprised what you find.

7. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Try finding parts for an old Honda motor. Pain in the rear. I know that motor inside and out because nobody would work on it, except Bexley Marine and they rub me the wrong way over there.