Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could use a little help with Launch sites in Fairport Harbor. Have never launched from there. Recently have had relatives move into the area and would like to take the boat to fish. What launch site do most people use in Fairport? Are there any not recommended? :eek: Have a small boat nothing huge. Thank you in advance for any insight!! :):)

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Could use a little help with Launch sites in Fairport Harbor. Have never launched from there. Recently have had relatives move into the area and would like to take the boat to fish. What launch site do most people use in Fairport? Are there any not recommended? :eek: Have a small boat nothing huge. Thank you in advance for any insight!! :):)
Mentor Lagoons has a nice launch. That’s really close to Fairport.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Most people put in at the port authority ramp, but it’s terrible and the most expensive launch on the lake. Every scratch in my boat is from that ramp. I like to put in at Grand River Marine. It’s never crowded, but you just have a longer haul to the lake in a no wake zone.
This is a very accurate assessment.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most people put in at the port authority ramp, but it’s terrible and the most expensive launch on the lake. Every scratch in my boat is from that ramp. I like to put in at Grand River Marine. It’s never crowded, but you just have a longer haul to the lake in a no wake zone.
Thanks for the heads up!

·
Time to fish!
4,989 Posts
Accurate information above. They are looking at redoing the port authority. I am sure that is on hold now. Only other launch was Rutherford's. Have nit heard if that is open. Only free launch is Grand River Landing. About 30 minutes from the lake or so.

·
Registered
70 Posts
What is the largest size boat you can put in at the Grand River landing? Is that mire if a canoe or yak launch site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
glad you said this, only scratch on my boat was from there also!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lets not forget the broken trailer lights from guys backing into you. Also the jerks who pull their boat 10 feet out of the water and start to unload and tie down. Ties up the whole ramp.
Sorry about the rant.....

·
Time to fish!
4,989 Posts
What is the largest size boat you can put in at the Grand River landing? Is that mire if a canoe or yak launch site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could get a 18 or 20 footer in there. There is no dock just the launch ramp. It is mostly dead during the summer. When the steelhead are in the river there is a handful of boats almost every day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts