close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help the newbie

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SPIDEY414, Oct 13, 2004.

1. I got a couple of days off from work and will be planning to go fishing at Granger Pond in Lake County,along with hitting Fairport. Any suggestions on tackle and or goods spots. I am planning for beginning of next week....

2. Short wall at Fairport is good early mornings til 10-11 or so. Throw spoons (Lil Cleo's or KO Wobblers) 1/3oz Cleos, 1/4oz Wobblers. Attatch to 8# test line with a swivel. I would also set up a rod with a bobber/mini-foo jig and maggot combo. Fish 4-7 ft down. Best spoon colors are green/silver or blue/silver. Best jig colors are black and mint, black w/orange head, straight black, or maroon w/silver head.

The most important thing is to be sure your drag is set properly. When the fish hits, you'll see what happens if it's not set right. LOL.

Welcome to OGF newbie. Hope it helps.

3. Thanks for the info!!! :D
    Its nice to find a site that helps ya find out what you need.... I have been suffering the net for several weeks now and came upon this site. Needless to say, I saved it under my favorites and will be using it as a key reference for my fishing excursions

I was just at Walmart and picked up a couple of little cleos for the steelheads. Nice to know I was kinda on track...

A friend of mine suggested(for Granger Pond) a perch/crappie rig w/maggots for Rainbow trout along with Rooster tails.

Is this a good suggestion or not? :confused:

4. For Granger, I don't know. I never fished it. I have fished for the stocked fish at Silver Creek and we threw a slip-sinker rig with a small treble hook loaded up with PowerBait dough. Caught fish...Would probably work up there too. Someone else could tell you better about Granger though.

5. Powerbait, have you had a lot of luck with it?

6. I've only used it a couple times, but I've caught fish on it.

7. good to know. thanks again