Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son is visiting from atlanta and we are going out fishing tomorrow. i was out on monday and found a nice limit of perch at 34/20 and picked up a few eyes there as well. when i go i usually have time to make a day of it and don't mind hunting a bit. he doesn't have all day. looking for some starting numbers for walleye if anyone would be willing to share. thanks

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
actually im heading out to the bar in an hour or so, ill post tonight and let you know what we find

·
2,417 Posts
I am going to be going out of Lorain tomorrow about 7:30am so I will watch for the post from jamesbalog.

Intend to start on the SE end of the dump 31/12 to 31/14 since I did real well there about 2 weeks ago. If nothing doing I will probably move to west side of the sandbar at about 33/19 & troll north from there. I am happy to share what I find...

I will be on ch79 my callsign is meerkat.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I was out in the 31/13-14 area west of the Lorain dump ground on Sunday 8/25 at 7AM. Marked fish but no takers. Others tried this area as I heard on CH 79 but no one was doing much West of the dump. Moved to the south end of the Lorain sandbar 31-33/19-20 area, several boats. Caught six eyes using Dipsey 1s with no ring, 115 back on 3 setting. Fish on or near bottom. Used MI Stinger spoons purple/pink & orange/black (chicken wing). Speed about 2 mph. Others had different programs, inlines with weights and crawler harnesses, but all seemed to be catching fish near the bottom. Hopefully somebody has some more recent trips to report.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'll be heading out of Lorain tomorrow morning with my dad and 2 friends. Would love to work together with a few of you guys to find some active walleye. I'll stay on ch 79, call sign is SeaJaneRun. My cell is 740-358-9637.

Joe Dumbaugh
SeaJaneRun

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Catcher of Fish
2,832 Posts
Ohiojmj and I will be heading out of hotwaters around 7:00. Usually on 68 but will switch to 79.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
sorry guys for the late rteport, didnt get home until 11 last night and went to bed. i started at 35 18 last night and trolled west south west with the waves. marked a lot of good fish. i hate to admit it but i got skunked. fished from a 630ish until dark. after the sun went down we ran in to around 30/16 and tried some night fishing. wasnt much of anything for marks so we quit after the tribe suffered another loss and headed home.

nice night on the water but no fish to show for it

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got basically skunked for the first time this year. 3 perch, 1 sheephead and 2 white bass. trolled 34/19 area in the pack and to the east. tried perching around 31/14 and 31/11. trolled a bit more west of the lorain dumping grounds. sorry i couldn't have put my son on some fish

·
2,417 Posts
We got them all at 34/20. They were deep. We started out with 7 fish really quickly - 40TT's 110 back pulling pink & purple double willows at 1.8 - 2.0 mph GPS speed. Then nothing for about 2 1/2 hours. Then we got 4 more really quickly which gave us one shy of our 2 tickets - we had the 12th fish on but also a big sheephead which swam sideways and made a real mess. By the time we sorted that lot out the fish quit on us again & it took us about an hour to get the last one. But would you know the last one was a double? So we had to throw one back!

Talked to skeeter & another OGF member whose handle I did not get. Called preacherman and seejanerun but could not raise them. Hope you guys did good as well.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Gopd job meerkat, my screen looked good out there last night just couldnt get them to go on the dipsys

Sent from my LS670 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Catcher of Fish
2,832 Posts
Meerkat I think it was Ohiojmj and I you talked with for a bit.. We were north of you, got 10 on inlines with 3oz 80-95 back.

·
"SKEETER"
193 Posts
Meerkat, It was a slow pick for us. We managed to put 8 in the box thanks to your help and others. Our best set up was green or purple harnesses behind large dipsy, no ring, #3 settng, back 90 to 95 feet. 50 Jet back 90 feet picked a few.
Nice to be on the water.
Skeeter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts