close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

help on cowan lake

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bubbahunter, May 12, 2004.

1. Anyone have any good reports on cowan. crappies, saugeye or just a general bite. We are going to be at cowan lake state park this weekend friday evening thru sunday afternoon for a special needs fishing outing put on by Fishing has no boundaries.we will be at the outing most of the day but if anyone wants to stop by in the evening come on over.i`ll post our cabin # later after i find out what one we have.

thanks,

Bub

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Bubba, here is the info:

Reservation # 10907 Check In: 4:00PM Check Out Sunday: 11:00AM
    Cabin #18

PS- Sine the weather doesnt look great, I'll be leaving the boat @ home.

Can anyone give any good spots (bank) for Channels and/or Carp? We'll be leaving in 3 hours or so. Unitl Mr. & Mrs. Bubbahunter get there the wife & I will be fishing.

3. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I have only fished there a couple of times for cahnnels, but we always caught a few catfish. We were on the bank to the left of the marina if you were facing the lake. Right next to where the woods start. That is the only place I have catfished there.

4. catking

catking Banned

The fish have been on fire there. Down where Basspro1 said and over by the rangers station has great bank spots for both carp and cats. Down by the ranger station is some REALLY nice bassin , they prefer black as a color ,for me at least. I'd drop by, but I'll be at West Branch this weekend. Maybe I can drop by and say hey Friday evening??? CATKING

5. I've seen some MONSTER flatheads pulled from the cove near the campground beach. There is also good bassin all along the shoreline near the campground boat ramp.........try a rattle trap

6. we did well on the crappie. i think Bryan and i caught about 100 crappie near the spillway. all were caught on 1/8 oz. roostertails and none of them any bigger than 6 inches. Bryan got a couple white bass and a large mouth.all in all we just had fun.

Bub

7. H2O Mellon

It was a blast becasue I caught the biggest fish! Plus we got to meet BigJohn & Mrs. BigJohn!

Gotta go, im at work..................

8. i think you forgot about the channel cat i got.twice the size of that white bass you got.sorry to do that to ya buddy but you know how it is .lol

Bub

9. H2O Mellon

you actually had jenny convinced that you skunked me!

10. What do ya mean "HAD". lol Buddy we will have to do that trip again soon.