Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help! I love to go night fishing but have little success. Can anybody help with tactics for night fishing? i.e. bait (live bait, lures), or even locations that have brought others success?

·
Just practicing my cast
4,712 Posts
what type of fish are you going for? more info woud be helpful for us to help you out. do you have a lake in mind?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest I fish all over Central Ohio. Last night I was at Deer Creek. I am targeting smallmouth/largemouth bass and any kind of pan fish.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Recently though I have been intrested in trying to catch some cat, but i know for them I would use live bait. i.e. shad, nightcrawlers etc. Maybe some tips on catching cat at night would be helpful.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Need to head to berlin at trusses or 14 bridge. Or westbranch at rock something road. Drop laterns on side use chartuse or white jig or green or black tube bait. We kill the whitebass and crappie espe cially early spring at wb. Jig start at bottom and normally end up around 8 to 10 feet till your bored

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Just practicing my cast
4,712 Posts
At buckeye or alum, and so on fish buy the rocks you get some bass and gills

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
For bass at night I have had descent luck with 7" Berkley power worms and 6" Zoom lizards in Black or Blue color, also black jitterbugs have worked well for me, I could use some tips on the catfish myself.

·
Just practicing my cast
4,712 Posts
Good luck and have fun!!! :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
I agree with basshunter i have caught fish along the dam at night and at the marina walking towards the light along those rocks Sm and Lm

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts