close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help Needed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Sep 29, 2004.

1. This is for the Riffle Memorial Tournament. I need a couple of scales for weighing fish and about 4 guys who would like to help with registration/check-in stuff. I may even be able to swing you a $10 gift card at Gander Mtn as a token of my thanks.
    It's for a great cause. I'm NOT fishing it, so you'll have a chance. :D

I'm running things between the Nimisila and Old State Park check-in sites.
    BTW, we got word today that someone donated a raffle prize of a Fish Trap Scout 1-man shanty. All raffle info is at the bait shop, so stop in and talk to Tim.

I can't stress enough the importance of PRE-REGISTERING!!! Tim has the details and it will make things a Heck of a lot smoother the day of.

PM me and I'll let you know what's up if you'd like to volunteer.

2. (insert sounds of crickets chirping here) ;)

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Carl: if I didn't already have a commitment I'd be there is a flash. Hope someone on here helps out. I do have two scales your welcome to borrow if you need them. If we can get them there your welcome to use them.

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I have a wedding at 3pm that day. If my son and I fish and weigh-in at 1 or 1:30 would we still be elgible for all prizes?

5. What time do you need the help Carl?
    I do have a repella hanging scale with digital read out.
    It measures pounds and oz. up to 50 pounds.
    I would like to help out if at all possible.

6. Thanks guys. As far as I know, from what Tim has told me, NO, you DO NOT have to be at the event to win raffle prizes. Door prizes are for registered tournament anglers, whether you fish or not. Raffle prizes are separate. As long as you buy the tickets at the bait shop and talk to him about it and get it straight as far as contact info, you're in.
    Owen and Dale, Thanks a million. If I could get to teh Columbus area Dale, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Owen, I may be in touch, you're closer.

I know this is a real unique event. And I also know people have things to do and lives to live. It's not a problem, really. We'll get it done, that I know.

This Saturday, I have kids soccer games and the like, Sunday is a headboat trip w/ the SSA.

This is a HUGE, GIGANTIC reason we want people to pre-register. It will speed things up at the launch sites. Weigh-ins are going to be TOUGH AS HELL from what I see now. I have a meeting Monday with Tim and I have some ideas to help with the weigh-in so we can get everyone taken care of.

You all have been great with the support, the prayers, the offers of donations to the family, everything. It's going a long way, I know that. At the event, I will be taking pix and posting them here for all to see. I know you'll all be there in spirit and I do really appreciate the warm thoughts. Thank you all.

Owen, I'll be in touch. Dale, if you know anyone that can get up North here, let me know.

Thanks guys.

Carl

P.S. And NCRAFT, if you want to enter and fish, I see no problem with you weighing in early. Just let Tim at teh baitshop know that you'll be leaving early. We can hang on to that smallest fish trophy for you. LOL..Seriously, I don't think it'll be a problem.

7. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Carl: I may be able to swing it so I can get up there. I'll know more early next week. I'll need direction to the lake as I've never been there. Is the lake big enough for my boat? Remember I have a 150EFI on it. Doesn't really matter, If I can get up there I'd be happy to just help you out.

8. No problem Dale. If you could, that would be great. Turkeyfoot and the connected lakes have "no-wake" areas throughout, but East and Turkeyfoot also have small speed zones. Big motors aren't an issue.

I can get you directions as well if you can swing it. You don't have to kill yourself getting up here either. It's a very simple panfish tournament, low key. even I need to keep that in mind! LOL. I just want the weigh-ins to go smooth, that's all.

9. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

Carl,
    I'll be able to help with whatever's needed. I'll call around about getting a scale or two. I can help with sign in, weigh in, whatever. I can be there the day before, The day of, And the day after if needed. You have my help any time during the weekend for whatever needs done. Just let me know.

330-ICA-FISH

10. Capt., I'll let you know Monday evening. Thanks man.

11. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

hey carl...........
    i may be able to help out with the weigh in let me check with the wife i think we are camping that day i will post at 1100am after i talk to her........................jim

12. I alredy have plans for that day but can offer you a accurate baby scale to use. If my plans change I will let you know. PM me if you want the scale and we will arrange a drop off.

13. Thanks a million guys. I tried to get it as a "total length" tournament, as it would be a Hell of a lot easier, but was over-ruled.

Thanks for the help. I'll be in touch next week to arrange pick ups.

Carl

14. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

hey carl .............i am in .............just pm me with the details and i will be their to help with the weigh in...................jim :)

15. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Carl, Lynda and I are planning on fishing the tournament, but we could help with the check-in or whatever else as well. Just let me know. have you posted the details and directions anywhere, I just had a member ask me about it?

_ Jim

16. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

jim.........tims long lake bait is across the st. from district 3 wildlife headquarters om portage lakes drive i wish i had the address...........sorry jim :(

17. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

Big Daddy- What is the registration process for this tourney? Do you have an address and/or phone number?

18. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

Hey Jim and Rob,

Sponsored by Long Lake Bait & Tackle
    855 Portage Lakes Dr 330-644-1901

-There will be FOUR check-in stations. Check in is BY 3pm. The stations are located as follows: 1. Long Lake Bait & Tackle
    2. State Mill Rd. boat launch(North Res.)
    3. Old State Park launch ramp(Portage Lakes)
    4. Nimisila (C-6 launch off Christman Rd, SE side)

You can pre-register at the Long Lake baitshop and be sure to specify what lake you'll be fishing. You can also register at teh different checkpoints day-of, but we'd rather have you do it ahead of time if possible.

Rules are as follows:

-Entry fee is $10 per person. PLEASE PLEASE pre-register at Long Lake Tackle.

-Fishing is open to ALL the Portage Lakes including Nimisila.

-Bait may be purchased at any bait shop.

-Fishing from shore or boat is permitted. Boaters are required to have all safety equipment as provided by Ohio Div. of Watercraft regulations.

- PANFISH ONLY(bluegills, crappie, perch) 7 inch minimum, 6 biggest fish per person will be weighed. If you keep fish and don't want them, they will be eaten.

19. I will be coordinating the registration points for Nimisila and Old State Park, and helping with the weigh-ins too. I went out and bought a 50# Rapala scale, so all I need is one more.

Old State Park will be the busiest, I would imagine, so I'll probably be there most of the time. I don't know how pre-registrations are going, I'll find out tomorrow.

Tim at the baitshop is handling all the raffles, food, etc. If you have any questions at all, I'd stop in and check with him.

Thanks again. I'll post a plan/details/whatever sometime later in the week.

20. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Thanks for the info guys. ;)

One moe thing, I need to know which brush pile is holding the 16"-17" crappie...just pm. me the info. :D