close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help my Condo's buried in sand

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishcrazy, Aug 16, 2004.

1. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

Well we were scheduled for fort Meyers in a condo for Vacation. Well the road to the island is cover in four feet of sand and the condo is closed for 6 weeks. Were going Sept 3rd thru 9th. Anybody know of a econmical place to stay for a week near the ocean(Any State, Just goto have a ocean). Nothing fancy just a roof and a shower. I say KOA wife says NOT!
    Thanks for any Info.
    Fishcrazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy

2. I don't think you'd find anything in southwest Florida for quite a while, that hurricane wiped everything out. :( You might want to look into Ocean City, MD. They have hundreds of places to stay from small houses to huge high rises. It's kind of crowded, but it might not be too bad that time of year. They've got a huge boardwalk with an amusement park at the end, and fishing pier.
    Good luck finding a new place!
    LaDo

3. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i'll 2nd the outer banks tip.i've been to alot of beaches on the atlantic and the gulf,including key west and i thought nags head had them all beat.
    the rates should be dropping soon too!

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Try Ocean Isle, NC. Close to Myrtle Beach and all of the attractions, yet fairly quiet. That time of year it should still be very warm. Condo prices will be dropping as well. There are several web sites that list the condos and prices. Good luck man!

5. Ft Walton-Destin area in the Florida panhandle is pretty popular with Ohio folks. Its only a 10-12 hour drive and less expensive than the east coast.

6. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

try further up the coast, in the Venice area. There's plenty of places (cheap) to stay this time of year, and the beach there is great to look for shark's teeth.

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Rio de Janerio is beautiful this time of the year and the people are always beautiful. $863 round trip out of Cleveland thru Sao Paulo on Continental.

Florida will never be the same.

8. Like a fool (hence the name) I spent all day Saturday in the Columbus airport trying to get to Orlando :( Finally decided to exchange the ticket and reschedule after hours of BS from the airport folks :mad: Evidently they didn't realize the roof was ripped off their building in Orlando until 4 pm :confused: I understand the situation down there and wish everybody the best, but the airport people could have saved me the trouble by just being honest! Thanks Delta :mad:

9. We used go to Fort Meyers (actually Pine Island) every year, but I did get the chance to go to Destin one year. While I really only fished at Pine Island, from what I could see, the beaches in Destin were far nicer. There probably are some very nice beaches in Fort Meyers, I just didn't see them. The water and sand in Destin just seemed cleaner. We actually found a nice condo just off the beach for $60 a night. That was 10 years ago, but there are some good deals if you aren't looking for beach front. Also, as mentioned, the drive is a lot shorter.

10. You might even try Hilton Head Island , SC. We vacation down there quite a bit and its pretty nice with lots of beach. There are quite a few hotels on the island and a few on the beach. You could go for a morning or afternoon of Redfish fishing. There are lagoons on the island offer some world class RedFish. You either have to know someone in the Plantation though or pay for a guide service.

11. catking

catking Banned

DA KING !!! just returned from Sanibel Island/Captavia/Fort Meyers a few weeks ago. The sister-in-law has a place down there. Haven't been able to hear anything yet, which is bad news..CATKING

12. I wouldn't worry just yet. My grandparents and two aunts live in Rotonda, not too far north of there. I was worried too, but they came back home Saturday and found no damage at all. It'll probably take a while for them to get all the phone lines working again.

13. catking

catking Banned

I hear that Mike M. The area is just a freakin wasteland. But then again, build on the beach and take your chances ;) Fopr that matter, build 50 miles away from the beach and take your chances :rolleyes: ..CATKING