close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help me with a score??

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by ClickerCrazy, Nov 1, 2008.

1. My friend got this deer on his trail cam and we where trying to estimate a score. Figured he was probably a 3 1/2yr old and we both agreed on that. However we are at a disagreement as of what the rack would score. I was thinking around 135....he saying around 100. Let me know what you think.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Impossible to tell from those pictures as cannot tell if there are brow tines and what the spread might be. Takes a lot more in all categories than that buck has to get to 135.

3. I would say..115 range. Judgin on the pic.

4. From the photos and lack of thickness in the rack I tend to agree with your buddy... The deer doesn't look very wide either, 100-110range as a guess. If you give him another year or two and you will have a real trophy there.

5. nicklesman

nicklesman Dough Boy

I agree nice young buck around probably 100-110

6. Snook

Snook Eat-Fish-Hunt

Guessing 110-115. It takes a good buck to score 135. Most hunters who see a 140 class buck would swear he is boone and crockett.:) ...:!

7. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh Senior Member

My guess would be 2 1/2 years old anound 100-110 B&C. Nice Buck!

8. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

i dont know what hed score but hes definitely a nice buck !! i know id be proud to hang him on the wall !!!

9. 100-115...I have a 136 hanging on the wall and he is alot bigger than that buck. That buck is still a shooter in my book though. Good luck getting him!

10. BigSteve

BigSteve Member

Does it really matter? Is he a trophy to you?

11. It is always hard to judge from pictures, but that buck simply isn't close to the 135 inches you are hoping for. I'd say 110-115 as some others have said.
    A 135 inch 8 pointer is a pretty large 8 point buck - that buck may be a 135 inch deer next season if he makes it.

12. I agree with snook on the score.